Problems With The Editor...

Xarcell

I've never seen a WYSIWYG editor that worked properly, including the one in xF.

I've noticed that if I cut and paste text from one site and paste it into the editor, the font changes to match what I copied. I don't like that, but ok. But then I noticed that everything I type after that is still that copied font, even if I delete everything on the page and start all over. I find this annoying...

From what I understand, xenForo uses TinyMCE?

Any chance you guys can take a look at other editor's? TinyMCE has alot of nice features, and is cross-brower, but is very buggy and unstable.

Have you looked at a jquery powered editor?

http://elrte.org/

This one would be nice if you wanted to give the admin the option to choose between the BBC editor or HTML for certain boards.
http://markitup.jaysalvat.com/examples/

This one seems really sleek & fast...
https://code.launchpad.net/css3-jrte

I've noticed that if I cut and paste text from one site and paste it into the editor, the font changes to match what I copied.

I often want to paste the text from one source to the other ... put only the text (not the formatting). Be it to Word, or Xenforo or ... whatever Rich Text Editor.
I setup windows key + v to "strip the fonts" and leave only the text when pasting.
so if I want the formatting use control + v.
if I don't, use Window Key + v.

Works for me.
It is an Auto Hot Key program if you want it.
I could make an .exe for you, or just give you the script.

I've noticed that if I cut and paste text from one site and paste it into the editor, the font changes to match what I copied. I don't like that, but ok. But then I noticed that everything I type after that is still that copied font, even if I delete everything on the page and start all over. I find this annoying...

All you have to do is select it and click the "remove formatting"button,next to The Font Family Dropdown :)

I often want to paste the text from one source to the other ... put only the text (not the formatting). Be it to Word, or Xenforo or ... whatever Rich Text Editor.
I setup windows key + v to "strip the fonts" and leave only the text when pasting.
so if I want the formatting use control + v.
if I don't, use Window Key + v.

Works for me.
It is an Auto Hot Key program if you want it.
I could make an .exe for you, or just give you the script.

Very useful, I didn't know that. But the problem isn't just me, it's all my user's that have problems with it too.

I admit the WYSIWYG editor can be a bit quirky at times but from what I understand TinyMCE does a better job than most, if not all of the others available.
Having spoken to Mike about it a few times, TinyMCE has less problems than the alternatives.

Simple way to do this is copy your text and then paste to notepad and then copy from notepad back to to the editor.
BAM! Done. I always keep a running copy of notepad in the back ground for just this occasion.

Top Bottom