XF 1.5 Problems with e-mail sending, Authentication failed - relay not allowed for user what does it mean?

fionix

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to XX@gmail.com failed: 5.7.3 Authentication failed - relay not allowed for user <webmaster@XXX.com> - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431

Do you know how to solve it?

The problem started for about 1 week ago, I ignored it until today where a user e-mailed me and told me he is not receiving any e-mails from the forum!

Then I looked into the Server Error Log, and found hundred of these errors?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I installed this plugin from this forum, where it e-mails users with new posts since their last visit. Of course I'm afraid that the mail server host (name.com) has blocked me now for spam, but then I need to find a solution quickly.

Hope someone can help.

This likely indicates that you're trying to send email from a different user than you're authenticating with your SMTP server with and your SMTP server is blocking that. You would need to check the default email address setting; it likely needs to be the same account you have with the SMTP server. (If it is and this is interfering with things like watch emails, then you may need to confirm with your SMTP provider what they're checking specifically. It could be the bounce email address, if they're checking that instead.)

Thank you very much.. yes it was stupid name.com that blocked the e-mail service I pay for! They don't even notified me about this issue! I have changed the SMTP provider now and all works.

Guys, never use name.com if you send lots of e-mails!

Top Bottom