XF 1.5 Problems with deferred script in XF1.51

snoopy5

Hi,

I have 2 boards with XF1.51 (one fresh installtion and an old one which I upgraded) and one board with 1.50.

On both XF1.51 boards, I have problems with the script, which renews the browser while i.e.installing a language file or the resource manger etc. The browser stops after a few seconds to refresh. I still see on the upper right hand corner this black & white sign moving, but on the upper left hand corner, the browser sig (firefox) does not move anymore. This does not chnage. Looks like it is frozen.

When I click on relod, it continues and finishes finally.

Same problem if I mass mail my users on these 2 boards.

No problems at all with my 1.50 board for the same actions. Neither problems with the board which uses now 1.51, while it was on xf1.50. So it has definetely to do something with the new version.

All on the same server.

What could be the reason for this and how can I fix this?

Thanks

We didn't change anything in XF 1.5.1 that would affect this and there haven't been any similar reports, as far as I can remember.

We didn't change anything in XF 1.5.1 that would affect this and there haven't been any similar reports, as far as I can remember.

o.k., but now you know that this problem exists ;)

Both on a fresh 1.51 installation and on an upgrade from 1.50 to 1.51. This is not by accident.

So what could be the reason for this?

My point was, if there was an issue introduced in XF 1.5.1 that was related to code, then we would have made changes to the code (which we didn't) and furthermore we would have had many other reports of a similar issue.

This leads me to believe there is something specific to these two sites which is causing the problem.

Hosting did not change. And all boards are on the same hosting package.

So if 2 XF1.51 do not work properly and the third one with XF1.50 works without problems, it is unlikely that there is an issue with the hosting.

Uh, yes, it COULD be hosting related... especially if you are on a shared hosting (as I believe you stated). MySQL connections exceeded is one thing. Depending on your hosting package they could have restrictions that impacts when you expand to more than 1 site on it.
I've got a 1.5.1 and a an older XF site on my server and have no issues (which is what I think Chris was getting at if it was a coding issue it would effect others and not just you).

Top Bottom