XF 1.5 Problems when installing, cannot downgrade php to 7.1

VinceG

PHP 7.2 is now rated as "stable". I have just tried a fresh install of 1.5 and get the following errors.
Code:
Server Error

count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 278
    XenForo_Install_Model_Install->insertDefaultData() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 219
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/cancertalk.co.uk/html/install/index.php at line 18

I cannot downgrade the PHP to 7.1, from 7.2 it is being hosted by a friend. Will upgrading to 2.0 fix the problem?

XenForo 1.5.x does work on PHP 7.2 (mine does on the latest version, 1.5.21).

There was a similar error reported here when someone tried upgrading from 1.5.17 to 2.0.7. The bug was fixed and 1.5.19 may well have resolved this.

What version of 1.5.x are you running?

I have 1.5.5, I just downloaded it, and it was then that I got the errors. Although the forum is up at the moment, that's on an old server, and have encountered the issues when switching servers.

Thanks Walter, can I do that without it costing me anything?
Only if you don't have an active license. If not then you'll need to purchase a 1 year extension ($40, possibly a little more if you have official add-ons) which will allow you to download the latest versions of XenForo (1.5.21 and 2.0.7) as well as any upgrades and ticket support for 1 year.

Top Bottom