XF 1.5 Problems when installing, cannot downgrade php to 7.1

VinceG

PHP 7.2 is now rated as "stable". I have just tried a fresh install of 1.5 and get the following errors.
Code:
Server Error

count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 278
    XenForo_Install_Model_Install->insertDefaultData() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 219
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/cancertalk.co.uk/html/install/index.php at line 18
I cannot downgrade the PHP to 7.1, from 7.2 it is being hosted by a friend. Will upgrading to 2.0 fix the problem?

Martok

XenForo 1.5.x does work on PHP 7.2 (mine does on the latest version, 1.5.21).

There was a similar error reported here when someone tried upgrading from 1.5.17 to 2.0.7. The bug was fixed and 1.5.19 may well have resolved this.

What version of 1.5.x are you running?

VinceG

I have 1.5.5, I just downloaded it, and it was then that I got the errors. Although the forum is up at the moment, that's on an old server, and have encountered the issues when switching servers.

Martok

Thanks Walter, can I do that without it costing me anything?
Only if you don't have an active license. If not then you'll need to purchase a 1 year extension ($40, possibly a little more if you have official add-ons) which will allow you to download the latest versions of XenForo (1.5.21 and 2.0.7) as well as any upgrades and ticket support for 1 year.

VinceG

Thanks guys, I've decided to get the 1 year extension, and upgrade to 2.0. I didn't have any add on's anyway.