XF 1.4 problems after fresh import from vb3.7, back at square 1 help please

Ian S

ok after finally getting to grips today i followed bogans guidelines to the t, the import from itself took ages 4 hrs to be precise looked excellent in the standard style too, BUT and a BIG BUT i used the email address when asked instead of username, well that totally screwed things up, the question im asking is if i start again and use the user name instead will it still import the members even if theres multiple accounts with the same emails, like test accounts etc, next question is there a script or addon i can use before i import from vb to allow for multiple emails to be held in the db or server(not sure where it holds them), or is there someway to turn the email field off and let the person enter it manually after as you login with user not email

many thanx again, sorry for all these posts guys

User names and email addresses must be unique.
You have to merge or rename when doing the import, for any which are the same.

If you need to redo the import for any reason, as already explained on your other thread(s), you will need to restore from a clean backup taken prior to starting the import, or start again from scratch.

User names and email addresses must be unique.
You have to merge or rename when doing the import, for any which are the same.

If you need to redo the import for any reason, as already explained on your other thread(s), you will need to restore from a clean backup taken prior to starting the import, or start again from scratch.
as i said mate this was fully fresh as per you guidelines, so if i import using user names, and someone has the same email will it through a error??

theres more to it than that, ive just checked the current vb database, the person with userid 1, the email given to him after import from vb is not the same as in vb, this is very strange i started totally fresh, so how can a persons email change in the import

also when i started import i noticed my user changed to his userid 1 name??

theres more to it than that, ive just checked the current vb database, the person with userid 1, the email given to him after import from vb is not the same as in vb, this is very strange i started totally fresh, so how can a persons email change in the import

also when i started import i noticed my user changed to his userid 1 name??

anyone??

User ID 1 is a special case, as this is the user you've created in XenForo. The email is maintained by the new user.

crap mike this is a massive issue for use because the person that bought the software aint userid 1, obviously had id goes through all there posts and threads to is there to, anyway around this person that bought software is ian s as in myself but im mick as ian dont understand any of this his userid is 5

crap mike this is a massive issue for use because the person that bought the software aint userid 1, obviously had id goes through all there posts and threads to is there to, anyway around this person that bought software is ian s as in myself but im mick as ian dont understand any of this his userid is 5
anyone?? done to only 111 email duplicates now too:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom