1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Problem with YouTube embeds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by drifter4ever, Nov 25, 2013.

1. drifter4ever

drifter4ever Member

I have a test installion migrated from vbulletin 4. Youtuble links like
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2IQYsuscww
    do not show embedded. If I edit the message, changing nothing, the embed shows up. And when I post a new message the embed shows.

And if I change in options to "Do not auto-embed media links", it affects only new messages. Then I change back to "Auto-embed media links", but the link I just wrote does not change to the player.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

3. drifter4ever

drifter4ever Member

The link I posted is supposed to funcion without converting it. I also have youtube links that I have converted with the tool, but they don't show the player.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The auto-embedding is done only at post time. Changing the option does not change anything retroactively. So really, the behavior you're seeing is expected.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I think the auto-embed media links option will only function for new posts - the contents of a post need to be parsed for it to spot the YouTube URL and change it to the embedded media player.

Therefore I think for older posts you'll have to use to Post Content Find / Replace add-on to find all previous YouTube links and surround them in [media=youtube] [/media] tags for them to display the embedded player.

Edit: Ninja'd!