1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 problem with XenPorta RecentNews and RecentThread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by abdfahim, Jul 19, 2012.

1. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

I am not sure whether the problem with XenPorta settings or my board (Xenforo 1.1.3) settings.

I cannot change settings of RecentNews and RecentThread. Whenever I click on those in XenPorta->Blocks, it shows me below error (I use XenPorta 1.5.1). Please help.

Posted in XenPota thread, but seems like they are little late in reply.

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/talkknow/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
    3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
    4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
    5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
    6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
    7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
    8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
    9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
    11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talkknow/public_html/admin.php at line 13
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

upgraded to the newer version 1.5.3, still same problem :(
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is a problem exclusively with users running PHP 5.4.

I reported this problem in the XenPorta thread a while ago.

I have no idea why it works in PHP 5.3 but not in PHP 5.4.

The problem is due to ForumChooser.php.

Here's the post and a workaround:

This removes the "unspecified" option from the forum chooser, which, if you think about it, is pretty redundant anyway.
    abdfahim and Jake Bunce like this.
  5. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

oh thanks for the info ... in my paid server, I have the option to use PHP 5.2/5.3/5.4 in each domain. I used 5.4 because it was a requirement in XenForo.

So, as you said 5.3 works fine, should I change my php version to 5.3 or do the work around with ForumCHooser.php.

Which one is recommended? Should downgrading to 5.3 cause any problem with my forum?
  6. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

Your workaround in ForumChooser.php works like a charm ! :) :) :) :)

Thank you :)

Loving this XenForo and it's community support already, on the 2nd day of my purchase :)
    Chris D likes this.
  7. Jake Bunce

Actually PHP 5.2.4+ is the requirement, not PHP 5.4.

I recommend PHP 5.3 right now. I have seen a couple of quirks with the current version of XF and PHP 5.4. Nothing major, but if you have the choice you might as well go with PHP 5.3.
    Chris D and abdfahim like this.
  8. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

ohk great .. it's just adding one line in m y .htaccess file to move back to 5.3 .. i'll do that.. thanks.
  9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Cool - you should find that the original ForumChooser.php will work when you move back to 5.3.
    abdfahim likes this.
  10. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

I have another problem now. My recent news block does not show threads sorted by posting date, rather it always shows threads of a certain forum first. Which settings am I missing?

11. Jake Bunce

I don't have this problem on my forum.

Are any of the threads sticky? I see in the code that it can order by sticky threads.
    abdfahim likes this.
  12. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

oh yaa... thanks ... now i can understand .. all those are sticky threads!

And I am stupid .. there is a clear option !!

Thanks man ... as usual :)