XF 1.1 problem with XenPorta RecentNews and RecentThread

abdfahim

Hi,

I am not sure whether the problem with XenPorta settings or my board (Xenforo 1.1.3) settings.

I cannot change settings of RecentNews and RecentThread. Whenever I click on those in XenPorta->Blocks, it shows me below error (I use XenPorta 1.5.1). Please help.

Posted in XenPota thread, but seems like they are little late in reply.

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/talkknow/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
  3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
  4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
  9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talkknow/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Looks like a XenPorta bug. There is a newer version than the one you are running. Try upgrading to see if that fixes the error:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/
upgraded to the newer version 1.5.3, still same problem :(

This is a problem exclusively with users running PHP 5.4.

I reported this problem in the XenPorta thread a while ago.

I have no idea why it works in PHP 5.3 but not in PHP 5.4.

The problem is due to ForumChooser.php.

Here's the post and a workaround:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-38#post-377147

This removes the "unspecified" option from the forum chooser, which, if you think about it, is pretty redundant anyway.

oh thanks for the info ... in my paid server, I have the option to use PHP 5.2/5.3/5.4 in each domain. I used 5.4 because it was a requirement in XenForo.

So, as you said 5.3 works fine, should I change my php version to 5.3 or do the work around with ForumCHooser.php.

Which one is recommended? Should downgrading to 5.3 cause any problem with my forum?

Actually PHP 5.2.4+ is the requirement, not PHP 5.4.

I recommend PHP 5.3 right now. I have seen a couple of quirks with the current version of XF and PHP 5.4. Nothing major, but if you have the choice you might as well go with PHP 5.3.

Actually PHP 5.2.4+ is the requirement, not PHP 5.4.

I recommend PHP 5.3 right now. I have seen a couple of quirks with the current version of XF and PHP 5.4. Nothing major, but if you have the choice you might as well go with PHP 5.3.

ohk great .. it's just adding one line in m y .htaccess file to move back to 5.3 .. i'll do that.. thanks.

I have another problem now. My recent news block does not show threads sorted by posting date, rather it always shows threads of a certain forum first. Which settings am I missing?

Thanks,

Top Bottom