XF 1.3 Problem with Notifications

Markos

I see that recently i didn't see all the notifications i receive in my forum. I've read that if you have a huge number of unread notifications you have issues. I have 2 addons that create daily notifications by mass tagging users so it depends maybe on this...

There are a way to remove these unread notifications to resolve the issue? @Brogan

Unfortunately, I really can't tell what the problem is or what you're reporting. If add-ons are involved, we'd have to recommend disabling them to confirm any issues.

The unseen alerts list is limited to a certain number; if more than this are unseen, you can view them on the full alerts page but all alerts are marked as seen as soon as the alerts menu is opened.

On a side note, randomly tagging users solely to get their attention is generally considered rude.

@Mike i have an addon that permits to tag an entire group (of 400 members). I use to tag these members daily to get their attention. I have many inactive members so i think that have many unread notifications can create a performance issue, i'm right?

I have also one mass alert addon and a Credits Addon that give credits (with alerts) every day.

I'm unclear if you're reporting an actual problem or just concerned about the number of alerts. I would say unless you're having an issue, you shouldn't really worry about it; the data won't really be used. That said, tagging users that haven't visited in months (for example) isn't likely to be useful since they won't be made aware of that.

I'm unclear if you're reporting an actual problem

I report a problem, i didn't receive all the alerts...example, on my forum sometimes happen than a user reply on a discussion that i joined, i didn't see any alert that inform me of that. Some users reported the same issue.

So i thought that maybe the problem are generated by the massive number of unread alerts...see this post by Kier that said that have a huge number of unread alerts can create performance issues.

If these are alerts generated by add-ons, you would need to contact the add-on authors.

If you're referring to alerts from new messages in a thread, you will only get one until you read the thread again. (Unread watched threads can be viewed via the "watched threads" link.)

Top Bottom