Problem with Forum Permissions

Leandros9999

Hey guys,

I want to create an forum which is locked to normal members. I want that only moderators can open topics. To realize that is the option at creating a forum perfect, they say to me the forum is locked to normal members and only moderators can post in it.
The problem is, no one can post in it! I have tested everything, but nothing works.

Hope you can help me guys!

You must have a permission set to Never, which overrides everything.

Revoke the node permissions for the Registered user group and allow it for the Moderating user group.

Yes, I know. I solved the problem.
But If I create a forum, there are two options, option one said the forum is moderated, option two said the forum is locked and only moderators can post in it. Why did not option two work? Now I created the forum and set the element permission to every group, I think option two is way better and less time consumption.

The option states: "If disabled, users will not be able to post new messages or edit or delete their own messages. Moderators will still be able to manage the contents of this forum."

The feature works as designed; moderators can manage the contents but they can't post new messages.

Now I created the forum and set the element permission to every group
If you have your groups set up correctly then you only need to revoke it for the Registered group and Allow it for the Moderating group.

http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

It is recommended however that all users have the Registered user group set as their primary user group and any additional groups they are members of are set as secondary groups. This makes it easy to manage permissions due to the cumulative nature in which they are applied.

Top Bottom