XF 1.5 Problem with Connecting External Accounts: They will keep registering as new account, not connecting

bibitbunga

So everytime I want to connect external accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) to my existing XF account, I can't connect them. Instead, everytime I click the facebook, it will generate new account registered with that facebook. Not connected, but create another different account using that facebook account I logged in. It happens the same with twitter, everytime I want to connect twitter, instead of connecting, it will create new account in my xenforo forum AND I logged in as the new account created by the Twitter. And it happens the same with Google.

Is this a known bug or what? Please note that my facebook, twitter, google account is different email address with the xenforo account. Could this be the problem why it keeps happening? Because it is unwanted, I mean how many people use the same email address for all of their accounts?

My forum is www.kebunpedia.com

Thank you :)

Are you able to associate them on this forum?

If so, it could be an add-on or other issue on your own forum.
I have just tried to associate them on this forum, and they are associated successfully on this forum :(

I wonder why this happen on my forum. I have tested to disable some addon and try to connect the external account again, but the error persists and I activate the disabled addon back. How to check the error, how can I fix this?

Thank you Brogan.

Update: this problem is solved.

The problem exists and persists because there are another accounts registered in my board, with the same email address with my facebook and twitter account that I wish to connect with. Once I delete this user (which was created by myself since beginning because I wanted to test everything works perfect), the problem is gone.

Thank you @Brogan :)

Top Bottom