XF 2.2 Problem with categories styling

BugabuseMe

Hello, I've found an issue: if i create a category inside of another category, it won't be displayed as a category (the black colored separator) but as a forum, photos below for a better explanation:

Inside a category (domain.com/categories/categoryname)
p.s. the first thing displayed as a page should be a category
photo_2021-12-12_17-08-38.jpg
Outside of the category (domain.com/forums/forumname)
photo_2021-12-12_17-08-42.jpg

Any idea on how to fix it or where?

Hello, I've found an issue: if i create a category inside of another category, it won't be displayed as a category (the black colored separator) but as a forum, photos below for a better explanation:

Inside a category (domain.com/categories/categoryname)
p.s. the first thing displayed as a page should be a category
View attachment 261813
Outside of the category (domain.com/forums/forumname)
View attachment 261815

Any idea on how to fix it or where?
I am having this same issue with v2.2.8 Patch 1, so I am bumping this thread to call attention to it as I remain in search of an answer. To summarize the issue... only top-level categories actually look like categories. At any lower level, they look like forums.

While this would seem to be a merely cosmetic issue, it is having a huge impact the organization of my forums. I would like to split my forums into separate lower-level categories and forums (which could then therefore have their own URLs on pages that require a lot less scrolling), but until this is resolved, I am forced to keep everything at the now endlessly scrolling top level if I want to maintain the nice, clean, organizing appearance of categories.

That non-top-level categories look like forums seems like a bug to me, unless it is by design for reasons I can't imagine. Can someone please assist?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom