XF 2.1 Categories style change

jul

Hello everyone,

I came across a style on the recourses with a change how categories are displayed which I find it really appealing (and fits the forums).

(Copyright: SultanTheme by @napy8gen )

Now I have a few questions as to how I can make something like that work.

1) Obviously, is there any plain code avaible to get this to work or does it need custom work?
I've found this, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-images-to-category-strips-per-category-id.6740/ but it seems like the image will try to stay inside the square boundaries.

2) If I want some designs made to achieve such categories what requirements should I be looking at? Like the size.

3) I haven't seen any forums with such designs, so if an image is used for such categories will it be responsive?

Thanks for reading (sorry for the amateur questions).

Heya Jul,
Thank you fo mentioning my name.
I did that in basic theory is to give the parent div a position:relative then the left and right cat designs a position absolute. One on left and one on right. The 2 position absolute stuff can be in a span html tag and you need to edit that particular category heading template to insert the span html. Position absolute stuff can go outside a box. In smaller size, I prepare a new smaller image for both left and right cat design. This control by media query. All above if you know about CSS.

• Love
Reactions: jul
Top Bottom