XF 1.3 Problem with banned users

HobbsVT

I have downloaded ******* Support ticket system as I need something which my users can make a 'dispute' on when there is a problem. My problem is that banned users can't use this (to sort out issues with their account) as when they are banned you just get the 'you have been banned' message and you can't do anything.

Is there anything I can do permissions/usergroup wise so this can be solved?

And is there and add on to allow banned members some board functions?

Banned users by definition have no access.

You will need custom development to override that behaviour.

Any idea on how i can achieve this?

I have a workaround, but this involves banned users logging out of their account - which isn't possible as when you try and logout you still get the 'you are banned' message, how can this be solved?

Ok so I kind of have a workaround..
I made a new usergroup, disable the forum node for this usergroup - this means that they can then use the "Support ticket" option.
However, they can still use the 'account upgrades' section, how can i make it so this is hidden per usergroup?
thanks

Only just seen this (well, it is only 2h 22 since it was posted).

In between normal, active users, and fully banned users, you can have a middle category; a temporary state.

We call them "Suspended". It's a secondary UserGroup with virtually all permissions disabled. In our case, we give them access to a single node in which they can post to escalate their issue (we don't use the ******* add-on) and to conversations. But the permissions can be anything you want them to be.

So the first step in banning someone (except in clear cases, such as blatant spam) is to suspend them; to add them to the secondary usergroup to kill their permissions.

Then any negotiation.

And then a final decision - lift the suspension or ban.

All done with standard XF functionality.

Top Bottom