• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cannot reproduce  Problem when editing.

I faced a problem when I went to edit a post:

I click my post -> edit -> click the textarea, try to remove a letter (by backspace), and it doesn't work.

EDIT:
I just tested, it even happened on this post.

EDIT 2:

It seems I can't remove a single character for some reason (when click edit)

erich37

yeah, sometimes a letter or word within the editor gets deleted, although I did not delete it (when inserting content with copy/paste).

Dean

I faced a problem when I went to edit a post:

I click my post -> edit -> click the textarea, try to remove a letter (by backspace), and it doesn't work.

EDIT:
I just tested, it even happened on this post.

EDIT 2:

It seems I can't remove a .... edit)
There was an issue when quoting someones posts, then editing the quoted part, using quick reply. Mike made a change a couple of days ago and it has not been a problem for me since, but (obviously) things may not be perfect.

xf is in the Alpha stage at the moment, still making fixes.

There was an issue when quoting someones posts, then editing the quoted part, using quick reply. Mike made a change a couple of days ago and it has not been a problem for me since, but (obviously) things may not be perfect.

xf is in the Alpha stage at the moment, still making fixes.
Yeah, I understand, I hope I am just doing my bit and putting my 2 cents in :)

You are doing great. Just take your time, take a look around, and enjoy.

Welcome to your first day at xf.com. :)
Thanks mate, this forum software looks great, and I see this having great potential, and I do think this will challenge the vb/ipb guys, especially if the devs are ex jelsoft devs!

What would be even better is if this was free! Then it'd totally rock.

/offtopic

Thanks mate, this forum software looks great, and I see this having great potential, and I do think this will challenge the vb/ipb guys, especially if the devs are ex jelsoft devs!

What would be even better is if this was free! Then it'd totally rock.

/offtopic
I hope your time here is joyful and welcome to xF.com.

I can't seem to reproduce this, maybe it's fixed?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Can't reproduce either. What browser are you using, and what are the exact reproduce steps? (Every click you make when you have the problem, including where you click in a particular post.)