1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Problem Editing Posts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by fattony69, Sep 13, 2012.

1. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

So, recently I just wrote a post for my members and after I submitted it, I realized I had an issue. After editing it, half of it disappeared. At first, I thought it was human error, but it kept happening. Unfortunately, I had to re-write it over and over in which the post became shorter and shorter due to my reluctance to re-write everything. That said, I managed to catch it happen at least once.

Before:
    Code:
    [quote="Arsonism, post: 1241426, member: 87"]That's what you said last time... and then nothing ever got finished.
    Just sayin.[/quote]
    You're right. I apologize immensely for that, but as my life changed, I realized what I've ****ed up on. That said, I really have been working for the last couple weeks (this week or so especially) to make this place a lot better. Currently, I am working on the skins before I start messing around with features. I didn't put a timeline on this as I've learned that this is taking me longer than I expected. There are so many pages to go through on a forum. More changes always keep coming up. When I think I'm done, I am not. After all of that, going on my phone to view the forum makes me realize I still need to tweak colors and other areas. Finally, I need a new logo/header Plus, I want to get a fluid alternative and the colors should have transferred a it is a Child Theme. That said, I am working on the homepage first so we can have something set before I gradually let out the fluid version. Since you guys are my active members, just change your skins to xenFracture_Light, but not the fluid version as it is no where near done and just looks like a mess. Consider this the early beta. As for the [URL="http://www.thebestforumever.com/homepage]homepage[/URL], just click on the link to see what it is. There isn't any articles or anything set up yet, so give it a break. Once I am done the skins, I shall be able to start adding a few features, but I am shooting for a forum that is efficient and works. I am done with all the unnecessary bells and whistles.

[quote="Peter, post: 1241427, member: 110"]Give the dude a(nother) chance... he's already apologized for the past and said he's working to be more reliable in the future.[/quote]

Thanks Peter. I told you my plan. I even blogged it and using that as my step by step focus. Hopefully when I officially re-open, we get activity again.
    [quote="EnergiE, post: 1241428, member: 916"]why is this gangman style ching chong guy getting so famous?[/quote]
    Someone told me he is the new Call Me, Maybe song. I got sent this a while ago, but being that it didn't seem like a huge deal, I didn't care. I think this song is awesome. I go extra hard every time I hear this in the gym. Plus I dance a little.
    [media=youtube]PBTxjYeRPB8[/media]

After:

Code:
    [quote="Arsonism, post: 1241426, member: 87"]That's what you said last time... and then nothing ever got finished.
    Just sayin.[/quote]
    You're right. I apologize immensely for that, but as my life changed, I realized what I've ****ed up on. That said, I really have been working for the last couple weeks (this week or so especially) to make this place a lot better. Currently, I am working on the skins before I start messing around with features. I didn't put a timeline on this as I've learned that this is taking me longer than I expected. There are so many pages to go through on a forum. More changes always keep coming up. When I think I'm done, I am not. After all of that, going on my phone to view the forum makes me realize I still need to tweak colors and other areas. Finally, I need a new logo/header Plus, I want to get a fluid alternative and the colors should have transferred a it is a Child Theme. That said, I am working on the homepage first so we can have something set before I gradually let out the fluid version. Since you guys are my active members, just change your skins to xenFracture_Light, but not the fluid version as it is no where near done and just looks like a mess. Consider this the early beta. As for the Give the dude a(nother) chance... he's already apologized for the past and said he's working to be more reliable in the future.[/quote]

Thanks Peter. I told you my plan. I even blogged it and using that as my step by step focus. Hopefully when I officially re-open, we get activity again.
    [quote="EnergiE, post: 1241428, member: 916"]why is this gangman style ching chong guy getting so famous?[/quote]
    Someone told me he is the new Call Me, Maybe song. I got sent this a while ago, but being that it didn't seem like a huge deal, I didn't care. I think this song is awesome. I go extra hard every time I hear this in the gym. Plus I dance a little.
    [media=youtube]PBTxjYeRPB8[/media]

Oddly, when I went to edit it, it wouldn't change. Actually, when I went to edit different posts in that thread with their url, it wouldn't change either.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Code:
    [URL="http://www.thebestforumever.com/homepage]homepage[/URL]

Closing quote is missing.

3. fattony69

I understand that. My point was I didn't change it. It changed by itself.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. fattony69