1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem deleting spam users

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Father Sebastiaan, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hello I just had a colleague convert VB4.2 to XF and we had over 512 users who were obviously spam users on the awaiting approval section. When I went to start deleting them I got a message...

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Can anyone advise?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I am guessing your server is running suhosin which limits the maximum number of request vars. With 500 users to process at one time it's possible the request is exceeding the max_vars of suhosin. That would truncate the request possibly truncating the security token thereby resulting in this error. Said simply, there are too many users to process at one time for your server. Contact your host and ask them to remove suhosin or to relax the max_vars restrictions.

3. No I only try a few at a time... like 10 or so and I still get that error.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't matter. All of the fields are still submitted because they are present on the page.

Contact your host and ask them to remove suhosin or to relax the max_vars restrictions.