Problem after domain change

Thinaesh

Hey all,

Yesterday we changed our domain. Now, we can't acces the website anymore.
I think this is because we forgot to change our Board Url.

My question; is there a way to change the board url via the root?

Thanks in advance.

portalofgames.net , the old one was p-rp.net

It just redirects to the old one if I goto portalofgames.net/admin.php

One problem you have... p-rp.net doesn't resolve to an IP.
Code:
Tracys-Mac-mini:~ tracy$ ping p-rp.net
ping: cannot resolve p-rp.net: Unknown host
And when you go to your portalofgames.net it redirects to p-rp.net (which is not a resolved host).
Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 12.33.30 PM.webp

Which means that your redirect is messed up.

So has it something to do with my Board Url, which I forgot to change?
If so, can I change it somewhere in the root?

So has it something to do with my Board Url, which I forgot to change?
If so, can I change it somewhere in the root?
No, it has to do with the fact that you are redirecting all traffic to a domain that does not have an IP listed for a DNS entry.
You need to edit your DNS server to place the same IP in it for the p-rp.net that you have for the new domain.
Either that or edit your rewrite to point at the correct (new) domain.

No, it has to do with the fact that you are redirecting all traffic to a domain that does not have an IP listed for a DNS entry.
You need to edit your DNS server to place the same IP in it for the p-rp.net that you have for the new domain.
Either that or edit your rewrite to point at the correct (new) domain.

The p-rp.net has been replaced by portalofgames.net. So we can't edit its DNS server anymore I think.
And how can I edit the rewrite? I'm don't really have knowledge in that kind of stuff.

Well, if r-ph.net can't get a DNS entry then you need to remove it totally from the .htaccess (if you are using apache) and replace it with your new domain name.
I don't know how you have your site set up. Can you post a copy of your current .htaccess?

In addition to changing the domain name, did you move to a totally different server? Do you still have access to edit the DNS of the old domain?

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

--------------------------------------------------------

We've got hosting24 as our webhoster, they replaced p-rp.net with portalofgames.net . I guess I don't have acces to the p-rp.net DNS server anymore.

OK, no rewrites are present in the .htaccess so it's something on your hosting provider's setup that is doing it. Tell them that your new domain is resolving back to the old domain, which no longer has a DNS entry... and that it needs to resolve to the new domain. Looks like it is a shared hosting setup so fixing it is pretty much in their hands. It does not appear that this is going to be XF related as the URL setups in the ACP typically deal with your email's that get sent (normally).

You may be able to access the mysSQL DB and change it in there... but that's something that someone more familiar with the DB structure would have to help with. Submit a ticket and see if the guys at XF can help.

Top Bottom