Probably the only book I'll ever read by a politician

DRE

I normally don't read books on politics but after reading about some of the new crazy, stupid and ridiculous policies that have been passed lately I'm really curious as to when my country started going downhill. I don't even know how I found this book but I'm pretty interested in reading it.

In End The Fed, Ron Paul draws on American history, economics, and fascinating stories from his own long political life to argue that the Fed is both corrupt and unconstitutional. It is inflating currency today at nearly a Weimar or Zimbabwe level, a practice that threatens to put us into an inflationary depression where $100 bills are worthless. What most people don’t realize is that the Fed — created by the Morgans and Rockefellers at a private club off the coast of Georgia — is actually working against their own personal interests. Congressman Paul’s urgent appeal to all citizens and officials tells us where we went wrong and what we need to do fix America’s economic policy for future generations.

http://www.ronpaul.com/books/end-the-fed/
http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/0446549193

end-fed.jpg

If you don't like it, F U

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am not in the US but a friend had forwarded an email about him to me and I had looked Ron Paul some time back. It's sad that he lost out in the Republican race. It would have been interesting if he was running against Obama.

For every good idea RP has, he has 3 bat**** insane ones right behind it. He's not a viable candidate because of these. Frankly, he's one of the politicians I respect the most. He always does what he says he's going to do and is very clear and concise about what his views are, even as I disagree with a lot of them.

So far it looks like I'll be voting for Barack Bush Obama again as R-money is nothing more than a shill for his crony buddies and rich interest groups.

edit: As long as we stick to the candidates and their views I see no reason for this to go south. It's when people take things to a personal level when it gets ugly.

I want to pile up gold too!

Seriously, political discussions here never go well.

I sold my Gold.....looks like a good call lately!
But if you pile it up and send it this way, I'll take it.

Yeah, I forgot, no politics allowed here. Too bad none of us are mods...we could deep six this one.

For every good idea RP has, he has 3 bat**** insane ones right behind it.

So true, 8thos, you should pop out and see what his views on race, religion and civil rights are before anyone anoints him the next coming of the savior of the United States. I liked some of the things he had to say but man he scared me. Crazy Uncle is a great description for him.

To be fair, a lot of people had these views a long time ago and have since changed their views. People have to be allowed to progress and grow.

I'm talking more about the abolition of regulatory entities within the government. I think it's pretty self-evident that businesses that are allowed to police themselves turn fairly quickly to the dark side of the force.

I am not in the US but a friend had forwarded an email about him to me and I had looked Ron Paul some time back. It's sad that he lost out in the Republican race. It would have been interesting if he was running against Obama.
The media has got it twisted.....

Ron Paul has NOT dropped out. He is only focussing his effort differently... ie... Toward caucuses. Even states that hold primary elections, also select delegates in caucuses. The general goal is to get those delegates as Ron Paul supporters.

History has records a few people who became President of United States have done this.

And what the news media isn't reporting is Ron Paul's plan is working. So it will be Ron Paul -vs- Obama.

The media has got it twisted.....

Ron Paul has NOT dropped out. He is only focussing his effort differently... ie... Toward caucuses. Even states that hold primary elections, also select delegates in caucuses. The general goal is to get those delegates as Ron Paul supporters.

History has records a few people who became President of United States have done this.

And what the news media isn't reporting is Ron Paul's plan is working. So it will be Ron Paul -vs- Obama.

How so, Mitt Romney is beating him, terribly.

Not a news source, pretty much common sense seeing as Paul only has 107 delegates and Romney has 991, with only 153 left until he wins.
Again... Find an alternative news source or learn more about the delegate process.

Example... X state votes and Romney wins... X state must now pick delegates to go to Florida. Said delegates are turning out to be Ron Paul supporters. X state election may have said Romney, but those delegates may say, Ron Paul.

The news is only counting the totals of "assumed to be" delegates.

History has recorded this has been done before. And those men ended up becoming President of The United States of America.

Again... Find an alternative news source or learn more about the delegate process.

Example... X state votes and Romney wins... X state must now pick delegates to go to Florida. Said delegates are turning out to be Ron Paul supporters. X state election may have said Romney, but those delegates may say, Ron Paul.

The news is only counting the totals of "assumed to be" delegates.

History has recorded this has been done before. And those men ended up becoming President of The United States of America.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom