XF 1.1 Private Nodes

tekgirl

So I have read the manual and know how to make a node private, but...if I have a private node set up for admins and moderators, shouldn't they be able to view it when they login? Do I really need to send the url? This I am definitely not used to...

Thanks

Set the node as private and explicitly allow access for the groups or users as required.

The node will then be visible in the node list when they log in.

If they are members of any other groups which have Never set for that node, then they won't be able to access it.

Hi Brogan,

Tried everything and it just is not working...I can see it because I am an admin...none of the moderators can see it though ;) I am sure I am missing something...

Thanks

That is what I keep thinking as well, but I can't seem to find the problem...I read the manual and this page a few times, but will see if I can resolve this, starting with the admin. I would think a super admin, would not need explicit permissions.

Thanks

OK - fixed...it was not a permissions problem. I did not have "display in node list" checked off because I thought that meant all users would see it, not realizing that if the permissions were correct, that would not happen. Then I created a registered user to test it out and all is well. I noticed that the registered user default permissions have the view node not selected by default, so when I created a registered user, I couldn't see any of the forums I created. Once I selected View Node, all was ok. Is this correct? The registered user should have View and View node slected?

Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom