Private groups

gib

Forums are ideal for sharing and discussing open content, but sometimes site users also want to share content in more private circles.
I have been trying out http://www.frid.ge over the past few months, it looks promising for closed groups, but it really lacks the shared/common interest groups like a typical forum provides.

If Xenforo provided private group nodes, where users could set up and control private groups and who's invited, I would be able to provide an awesome web site service to my friends, family and work colleagues and other social circles.

If the site activity feed could show content posts from forums and target the activity feeds from private group nodes all in one place, it would be truly awesome.

Please give this post some likes, if you think it would be cool to have both shared forums and private group activity feeds all in the same site.

Upvote 9
Good idea. I think the good concept of "personal conversation" can be extended with the possibility to create a restricted and private group - with the possibility to attach files, a little gallery etc.

yeah, similar to the Social groups in VB 3.8

I've posted something similar (didn't quite start off that way, but grew as I thought about it) here.

Yeah social groups would be cool. Even if the group looked like a modified profile page for starters...which should be fairly easy to do :D

Top Bottom