Private forum access, easily managed addon?

rvnorth

Hi,

I want to create 100s of different forums (or do I mean threads?) and have them all private. Each forum &/or thread should be blocked until I give access, one by one.
So, if someone buys a specific informational product from me (using another platform) I want them added to that products specific thread in Xenforo. I also rather want the forum & thread to be invisible for the user until I have given them access to it.

But what I do not want is a clunky unintuitive userinterface to do so!
Is there an addon where I can just add users to specifically locked threads where discussions can be held by customers who paid (not paid inside Xenforo but I would give manual access)? I am also not sure on how to create a forum with 100 threads that are locked until I give them access. As I said, I want this process to be easy with as little work as possible since it will be repetitive.

I hope I expressed myself clear enough? I use to search for addons but it is really difficult to find, that is why I instead post this hoping that someone already know an addon like this?

Thanks

You can create forums and set them to private and only allow certain user groups to see them.

You'd need to create a user group for each private forum in the case.

You can create forums and set them to private and only allow certain user groups to see them.

You'd need to create a user group for each private forum in the case.
Yes ok, thanks for answering. But this is what I am trying to avoid, to many things to do. I have 100s of mp3s that each one need their own private thread and only the ones that bought the mp3 I will give access to the corresponding thread.
I just found this addon below but it is not purchasable, even after registering.

The link I provided HERE was removed by admin because it was said to be a pirate site?? What a Jungle this is and thanks for pointing that out!

Xenforo is very complicated even to just find addons.

Someone sent me a message saying I didn´t explain clearly what I want to do. So will try here again:

I sell mp3s somewhere else. And I want to have a private forum thread for each mp3 that only those who bought it can get access to and discuss the content of the mp3s. I am looking for an addon that can create a new thread and make it private (only for those who paid for the mp3). And then later I just add the forum members that have bought that specific mp3 to that thread.
Hope I made it clear this time?

Thanks

Last edited:
🤔 .. it took me less than 5 seconds to find this resource doing a search in resources only:

The link above may be a warez site (I did not visit it).

🤔 .. it took me less than 5 seconds to find this resource doing a search in resources only:

The link above may be a warez site (I did not visit it).
Hi,

I really do not have the same luck but use to be great at research and finding stuff, but NOT with Xenforo, do not know why?
I went there and do not really know what a Warez site is but I am forced to join their forum and then have to wait for approval. It says I also have to validate my Xenforo license?? This is what I mean with things not being smooth with Xenforo, I just needed to buy it and install and then use this. But instead there seems to be a long road just to buy it and also, someone in the comments say this doesnt work and no support!!??

I really need a simplified way to make threads private and add members to it, hope it will go well and thanks for your input.

I went there and do not really know what a Warez site
It is NOT a Warez site. You have to validate your license to show that you are entitled to obtain access to addons for XenForo.
This is what I mean with things not being smooth with Xenforo
Matter of opinion, sounds like you are just unfamiliar with the software. @Ozzy47 is a respected developer, if there are problems, he's one of the few that follow through to address concerns. (There a fair number of good developers, some are just more responsive than others...)

It is NOT a Warez site. You have to validate your license to show that you are entitled to obtain access to addons for XenForo.

Matter of opinion, sounds like you are just unfamiliar with the software. @Ozzy47 is a respected developer, if there are problems, he's one of the few that follow through to address concerns. (There a fair number of good developers, some are just more responsive than others...)
Yes it has been overwhelming ever since I started with all permissions, revoke etc. Just cannot really get my head around it.
But hope that @Ozzy47 Private thread addon will work just fine. Good to hear he is a respected developer. Will buy if he sells it to me.

Just realized I have to do it actively myself, to validate my license, thought this comes after. Will do now and see if I can then buy his addon.

Top Bottom