XF 2.0 Privacy Policy not working after update

Davyc

For some reason the Privacy Policy links anywhere on the site are not working after upgrading to 2.07 - this is what I get when clicking on the Privacy Policy link at the bottom of the page:

1527178885401.webp

With Firefox:

1527179013842.webp

I've cleared cookies and all the other help pages work, but not the Privacy Policy. Any ideas why this is happening?

I've turned off the PP in the admin but it still shows on each page

With thanks

Very peculiar.

I've just done a fair bit of testing and I can't reproduce this.

The logic is definitely in the templates to ensure that those links do not show if the option is configured like this:

1527179665482.webp

Or:

1527179691654.webp

It's possible that there are issues with outdated templates, though if it was working fine in 2.0.6 then it should be now.

One behaviour we changed was to make sure redirects work correctly if the privacy policy/terms URL option is disabled or set to an empty custom URL.

In these cases, if the value of the URL is empty (so set as in the above two screenshots) then we redirect to "index" (whatever your XF index route is).

If the value is set to custom (and has a value) then it will redirect to that when you try to access the default help page.

So, all I can suggest at the moment is:

1) Do a file health check under Tools > File health check
2) Test it on an unedited, default XF style (you can re-create this if it no longer exists by creating a new style with "No parent"

If I had to hazard a guess, you might have a custom value which is set to the same as the default value but that would be odd and it sounds like you've switched it off - that said, did you do that by disabling the help page, or did you do it by changing the option?

Sorted, thanks @Chris D for some reason the setting had changed to custom URL, setting it back to default got it working again. Weird how that happened lol. Ran a health check and got a green light on that. There is one template out of date message_macros which will not merge and needs to be updated by hand - no deal killer, will just wait for an update from @ThemeHouse

Thanks again, I would never have thought to check that setting as I normally only do that checklist first time around.

:)

Top Bottom