XF 1.5 Privacy Policy force acceptance issue!

Tony L

I’ve just used the force acceptance of the privacy policy option in 1.5.20a and I suspect I’ve hit a bug/potential pitfall. My Privacy Policy is a thread on the site, this URL is set in the Options/Basic Board Information and works via the link at the bottom or via ‘Help’. Users are being presented with the acceptance dialogue box, but if they attempt to read the policy in the link they are just being presented with the dialogue box again in another tab, i.e. it is blocking reading of the policy as it thinks it wants acceptance to read it first.

How can I fix this? Is there a way of my stopping the force acceptance thing now as this broken implication on my site is going to confuse a lot of users.

PS Site is www.pinkfishmedia.net

In XF1.5 the privacy policy really needs to be hosted as a help page or page node.

We’d recommend using the “Default” value and editing the privacy_policy_text phrase if you need to customise the content.

Not only will they be able to access that and any other help pages, but also the privacy policy itself will be displayed right on the acceptance page.

Top Bottom