Price of licence + brand free???

Status
Not open for further replies.

goxy63

Ok licence is cheaper than your main competitor VB but still bit high if have in mind that Xenforo is new on market....

Brand removal by my opinion is way to expencive, even more than VB, 250$??? Even more than licence itself which is 140$!

Xenforo package with brand removal is 390$

VB suit with brand removal is 455$
VB forums with brand removal is $365:rolleyes:

More or less you are not cheaper as you are new fighting your way through.... do you have product that can stand shoulder to shoulder with VB, no you do not at the time

Is there bunch of modification as it is on vb.org, no there is not, you are new

Even if I do not want to migrate from vb I was thinking of xenforo as an option cause I can see that some of modification there will not be supported...those modifications will be here as far as I know...

Prices to high, c ya maybe "goodbye"

Cheers

Why is a BMW $45,000 when I can buy someone else's car for $25,000?
I want to pay $25,000 for the BMW.

It is what it is. Quality in engineering and perceived value.
My 1996 BMW has 243K miles and is still handles and performs just as well after 14 years with proper maintenance.
Can't say the same about vBulletin 4.

The poll results say it all!! If you don't have the kind of money to buy the software, then buy something else or go over to the free forums to start with, then build a name for yourself and then get ads on to make money and then buy it. Sorted.

Let's put things in perspective. vbulletin is ****. Can you put a price on a good nights sleep?

In short, xenforo can more than stand head and shoulders with vb. Quite above it in infact. Let's take away all the vb3 code from vb4 and what have you got that is new? Not much. There support staff ethics are questionable? yes, advising selling licenses a day before the vb4 pre-sales to ignorant in bliss customers who didn't have the knowledge to choose or think for themselves. Not the kind of people you want to rely on when starting a business when their morale work ethnics are thrown out of the window.

Xenfoo is a new product with fully fledged features and being improved upon on a daily basis so in short you get value for money, great support by the devs and brogan. Branding free cost? That's the price you pay for any brand removal on any software.

You can't compare xenforo to vbulletin. Vbulletin relies on it's vb3 code to give their members a feel that it's rich with features when those features are old, redundant and from a previous version of the software. Take those out and you basically have nothing to show for 3 years work.

vbulletin may like to think that their software is heads and shoulders above the rest but their glory days have passed. Which is great imo for reasons I won't say.

Didn't know about that one, thanks for link
Yeah, nothing worse than a forum with a bunch of stinking links!

By the way, how do your users read and post? You know, without links everywhere? Post your mod.
Forums and 'footer' are not quite same, at least not for me...using bunch of modifications I wouldnt like that my footer takes 20% of page ;) (love your guns, not your hat tho)

Thing here is that some people like to wear good jeans or drive good car without brand on them....others love brand or dont care...I drive a car without any brand cuz I like it that way
Would love to see that someone sell me a car and says 'well you cant put out brand... first you pay us two more cars and do whatever you like' (ok not quite same but anyways...)

Of course I do understand why price is like it is, thing is I just don't like it that way and that will stop me to purchase licence, will stick with VB for now, same as with my mercedes without brand on it :D

Wish you all good luck and hope that I will see Xenforo grows up bit more

Cheers

You know, I'm just happy such a great software even offer's a brand-free option. That was one of the main things that got me serious about buying it.

Keep complaining and maybe they will remove the brand-free option. ;)

Not crazy about your hat either. Berets are so faux-military. I see you in a nice pillbox though. You can stay with the military theme:
View attachment 7116
Try it.
well you see that hat is quite nice to nail all together with... btw army is my life lady(pill box sounds nice for a change)....anyways still dont like your hat tho, its kinda boring and depressive :kiss:
You know, I'm just happy such a great software even offer's a brand-free option. That was one of the main things that got me serious about buying it.

Keep complaining and maybe they will remove the brand-free option. ;)

I am not complaining, honestly I can pay that 250$, but I am just looking our cleaning lady here and her paycheck is less than that...and just cant stand idea to pay something more than licence itself...and I will never do that

Personaly I dont even care if they cancel brand free option as you guys will need years and years to ketch up with vb, was thinking just to purchase thing on time and get use to it.... as I have some feeling that xenforo will be something that can match VB in every way( one day )

@ goxy63.. To say it will take years and years to catch up with vB is very misleading.
Reason:
Why would XenForo want to launch a product on a downward spiral , as that is exactley where vB is heading very fast.
XF in its 1st BETA release is far more stable and reliable than vB has become since the launch of 4.
vB4 is more of a mish mash of FusionBB and vB3 and achieving neither very well indeed.

You need more research and convincing of XF.??

Just look at the people who are making the addons / hacks and skins for XF , they are all well known coders from vB.org who have caught on very quickly to XF..

XF is not the finished article yet and doesnt try to pretend that it is in its BETA 4 release, and if memory serves me right vB4 Suite reached BETA 1 then went gold a few weeks later with thousands of bugs and errors. And still has the same amount of bugs now...

Future is NOT good for vB..

Regards..

Personaly I dont even care if they cancel brand free option as you guys will need years and years to ketch up with vb
Lol, what? In terms of UX and coding they have left vB behind since the first beta, especially 4.x.

In terms of features, XF is still in beta and already you can find lots of good add-ons. I think you are greatly underestimating this software and the momentum it already has :)

Personaly I dont even care if they cancel brand free option as you guys will need years and years to ketch up with vb

"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. baby tomato starts lagging behind. poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, catch up!".

OT, I don't think it's expensive. And while I generally do not like to see lots of copyright notices all over my boards, I have absolutely no problem with the Xenforo one, which is non-intrusive and not-"in your face".

Heck, I'll consider it a badge of pride, actually. I'll happily show the world that my boards are running the best forum-software available in the market.

I think XenF is expensive - in fact, way overpriced- for a new board, no track record, no/limited addons, STILL BETA, and currently advertised as NOT FOR PRODUCTION.

However, I do also acknowledge that there are many people here who have established communities, understand the "hidden cost" of maintenance and vB, and HAVE FAITH in what XenF will become. They are ready to buy the product that XenF will become in mid-2011.

If XenF wants to build a massive following, then I suggest it starts selling XenF-lite that has a maximum of 1000 members. (Or maybe 250 or 500 whatever XenF thought appropriate after analysing the market/their business model). The lite product should have an easy upgrade path to the full product for larger communities.

I think that would be pretty convincing for anyone sitting on the fence. And the news would spread like wildfire. Heck, even I would get another license for fun. And great for "startups".

If the branding fee is nothing more than this "Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010 XenForo Ltd" then I have no problem with it. It is not intrusive at all.

The problem with that solution is that it takes away resources to code a "lite" version of XF.

Since the "Beta" XF seems fairly stable, I think they've made the right decision by not offering a "free" version at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom