Prevent spam

fion

Is there an add on that works like the "prevent spam" add on with the old vbulletin. With this module keywords are added in the admin section and any posts with these keywords are sent to a moderation queue for review prior to going live.

Is there an add on that works like the "prevent spam" add on with the old vbulletin. With this module keywords are added in the admin section and any posts with these keywords are sent to a moderation queue for review prior to going live.

Not sure about the above feature, but it certainly sounds interesting.

There are many add ons available to prevent spam, which are listed here - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/dealing-with-forum-spam.980/

To download those add ons listed, you will need to associate your forum username (fion) with a valid license - http://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users

StopHumanSpam uses a keyword blocker (defined by you in the admin control panel), it doesn't put them in the moderation queue, but logs them and prevents them from being added.

Putting them in the moderation queue might be better than just preventing them from being added (I'll add this as an option in a later update):

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/stophumanspam-anti-human-spam.1480/
  • Stops URLS in Profile Posts, Conversations, HomePage URL , About You (until conditions are met: Likes/number of days reg/like: post ratio)
  • Stops Sneaky URLs (such as w w w mysite .com)
  • Stops threads with banned words being created in title/post
  • Permissions controlled (so usergroups can bypass)
  • Forum Node controlled (so selected forums can bypass the rules)
  • Conditions controlled (so users that meet non spam coditions are never bothered by it)
  • Human spam attempt events are logged in the ACP

StopHumanSpam uses a keyword blocker (defined by you in the admin control panel), it doesn't put them in the moderation queue, but logs them and prevents them from being added.

Putting them in the moderation queue might be better than just preventing them from being added (I'll add this as an option in a later update):

Both please.:D

Both please.:D
Done

• Fixed an issue related to bbcode embedded urls not being detected by the URL detection
  • Its now possible to moderate messages ~(threads / posts) with banned words (rather than just preventing creation)
  • stretched strings such as "wwwwwwhy" are no longer detected as sneaky url detection
  • minor improvements on (avoiding false positives with sneaky urls)
I've added this as an option

I haven't found it has detected any false positives for the banned words, so I personally prevent those threads from being created. But now you can select an option in the ACP to Moderate the posts that are detected by your banned word list.

Done

• Fixed an issue related to bbcode embedded urls not being detected by the URL detection
  • Its now possible to moderate messages ~(threads / posts) with banned words (rather than just preventing creation)
  • stretched strings such as "wwwwwwhy" are no longer detected as sneaky url detection
  • minor improvements on (avoiding false positives with sneaky urls)
I've added this as an option

I haven't found it has detected any false positives for the banned words, so I personally prevent those threads from being created. But now you can select an option in the ACP to Moderate the posts that are detected by your banned word list.

Thank you for adding this capability so quickly.

I guess what I was asking "both" for was having a section that you could automatically ban the words, then another section that would send the post into moderation because of defined words.

The section for banned words was already available in the ACP for StopHumanSpam. This is pre-populated to show users how it works, for instance you can use strings with the star modifier to catch words containing your banned keyword (*any or any*)

words.webp

This previously stopped the threads/posts from being created. Now there is an option to send posts/threads containing banned words into the moderation queue

mod.webp

Top Bottom