Lack of interest Prevent Posts with Malformed BB Code from Being Posted

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

It's not too big of a deal in small threads, but in a thread with a large OP and/or a lot of have BB code, it can cause internal server errors depending on the server, and the only way to fix it is to go into the database, which can become tedious.

To quote @mistypants here:

Misty said:
To fix it, yes. When large posts have messy or just a lot of bbcode, the forum struggles to process edits.

So if I post something like this (minus the PLAIN tags):

[B]Today's Date:[B] May 3, 2015

When I go to post, an error overlay should come up with something like:
Please correct the following errors: BB code not closed properly

[B]Today's Date:[/B] May 3, 2015

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is probably specific to our server and not really something I would attribute to XenForo. There's a ton of bbcode in Amaury's post on my site, much of it unofficial. XenForo usually tries to close unclosed tags anyway.

This is probably specific to our server and not really something I would attribute to XenForo. There's a ton of bbcode in Amaury's post on my site, much of it unofficial. XenForo usually tries to close unclosed tags anyway.

Ah, good point. I hadn't taken that into account completely. While I have more XenForo BB code, there's still quite a bit of unofficial code, and so there are likely conflicts when it tries to fix BB code. In my case, I had forgotten the closing slash for the bold BB code, but it couldn't quite fix it even though that was an official BB code. My guess is it's more successful if there's not a lot of unofficial BB code and BB code in general.

To give you guys an idea about my posts, see this, this, and this -- those are all projects that contain a lot more BB code than your typical post. I made the error in the first one: Under Completed Projects I had forgotten to close the bold BB code for the Ended on Kingdom Hearts - Allies vs. Bosses (at the bottom) and made everything thereafter bold.

Top Bottom