• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Prevent guests/users from using proxies at your forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

This hack will allow you to prevent guests/users from using proxies at your forum. You can dissallow proxies for the forum as a whole or to prevent only registrations with proxies. You can enable and disable it at the Acp of your forum where you can control the settings for the mod.

Note: As you know there is no such way of preventing proxies 100% but it helps a lot. I tested it with a dozen proxies and it stopped 8 of them.

Note: This mod blocks ports 80 and 443 which are regular open proxy ports. And if the IP address of the computer is coming from computer that has those ports open means that the user is behind a proxy. So if you have users who use those ports then this mod will block them too.

Download link and support:

http://www.forumservices.eu/index.p...ts-users-from-using-proxies-at-your-forum.20/

To the staff: I have seen some threads here where coders/designers place the products at their forums for the download. So I assumed that this is allowed. In case I am mistaken in my assumption, I appologize and you can remove the thread.

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1301509094329.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1301509094329.webp
    15 KB · Views: 99
  • Error - XenForo_1301509246075.webp
    Error - XenForo_1301509246075.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 100
An admin option to specify different ports, comma delimited and/or range would be cool!

This was a quick conversion of my same mod for vb. Later on, when I will have some free time, I will look into expanding the mod.

Unfortunately felt compelled to remove this since a person I know well who registered was blocked by this before I disabled it. He was not behind a proxy. I was thinking there may be false positives, but with the first registration after I applied this made me worried.

Unfortunately felt compelled to remove this since a person I know well who registered was blocked by this before I disabled it. He was not behind a proxy. I was thinking there may be false positives, but with the first registration after I applied this made me worried.

Could have been someone who uses remote control software like TeamViewer. The default port TeamViewer runs on is 80...I believe because most routers have that open be default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom