• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Prevent Guests From Viewing Members Online Now List

borbole

This mod will allow you to prevent guests from viewing members online now list. They will get the no permission error screen whenever they will click the viewing members online now list link.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_onlineBan.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Options->View Members Online Now List Guests Restriction and there you can enable/disable the mod.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

A new version that includes other groups as well from viewing the Online List has been released at my forum:

http://www.forumservices.eu/xenserv...roups-from-viewing-members-online-now-list.9/

Attachments

• 1 Admin CP - Test forum_1286891171070.webp
    1 Admin CP - Test forum_1286891171070.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Options2 - Admin CP - Test forum_1286891189909.webp
    Options2 - Admin CP - Test forum_1286891189909.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Test forum - Error - Test forum_1286891353271.webp
    Test forum - Error - Test forum_1286891353271.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 110
  • OnlineBan.zip
    OnlineBan.zip
    2 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for this, could you add permissions for X groups other than guests to view the online list too? :)

Can you add an option to prevent both, members and guests from viewing the who's online now list?
Thanks

Couldn't you just wrap the templates in a usergroup/userid conditional?
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.user_id} == '0'"}{
    members_online_now
</xen:if>

Couldn't you just wrap the templates in a usergroup/userid conditional?
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.user_id} == '0'"}{
    members_online_now
</xen:if>

It is handier with a mod in my opinion.

Can you add an option to prevent both, members and guests from viewing the who's online now list?
Thanks

A new version that includes other groups as well from viewing the Online List has been released at my forum:

http://www.forumservices.eu/xenserv...roups-from-viewing-members-online-now-list.9/

Reactions: Ray
This mod doesn't work for me. In fact, it messes up my Home ACP page.
It would help to make the Options page clearer, as the description seems to conflict with the option checked.

8h6msM90JFgg.png

I did it with a conditional like James says.
I also added a courtesy message on memberview with the conditional, explaining to the visitor why they can't access - I think that's important as error messages are a big demotivator rejection. Maybe this mod could do that?

I also give a link to the Contact page to register - my board has no automatic registration.
You can see it working on my board if you click *ALL MEMBERS on the navbar.
I wanted it to instantly open the message and the contact form on that page, but that takes php because of captcha being another template; so beyond me.

Top Bottom