1. Is the editor that the forum uses changeable (if yes, how easy and does it cost extra)?
Sorry but from the sites I've been part of that use Xenforo, the editor is less than desirable. It has annoying mess ups, incorrect styling at random times, editing posts becomes a HUGE headache.
2. Does Xenforo have a payment system built in?
A few sites of mine make use of Paypal to allow subscriptions as well as purchases of things. This is a must if I do plan to switch forum systems. This comes with some sub-questions as well if Xenforo does include this:
- Does the payment system have time based subscriptions?
- Does the payment system adjust users groups automatically?
- Upon paying, does the users group change to a specified one?
- Upon a 'x' amount of time subscription, does their group change back from the subscription group?
- Does the payment system include one-time purchases?
- I have some products that users only have to pay once to gain access to. Does Xenforo offer the ability to give users access to a section of the forum indefinitely after that one purchase?
- Does the payment system support multiple payments/groups based access?
- ie. if a user makes a 1 time payment to gain access to 1 thing then makes another payment for something else, will they be given access to both things or will the payment system only manage one?
- Does the payment system handle charge-backs? At times there are those that pay for something to get it then charge back to keep said item as well as get their money back. Does Xenforo handle this?
Can I delete a topic and eventually restore it at a later date?
4. Does Xenforo have a ticket system built in? Allowing topics to be marked as various things such as:
- Issue / Bug Report
- Feature Request
- Resolved / Fixed
In some situations, I pull posts from a specific section of the forum as news posts for a front page that is not attached to the forum software itself. How difficult is this with Xenofo? (Posts need to be formatted properly of their bbcode/extension codes, etc.)
With this in mind, I am not looking to pay micro-transactions for features. $140 for forum software is enough as it is. I'm not interested in also paying $20 for 'x' feature.