1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Crazyfruitbat, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    My board has been running well for the past couple of years then today I get hit with these errors. I have looked at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-in-error-log.19033/
    Which seems to be pointing at InnoDB not being active, but I have my own server with Linode and I can confirm it's up and running.

When starting a new thread I got this:
    Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Session.php at line 719
    [*]XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 429
    [*]XenForo_Session->_setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 413
    [*]XenForo_Session->start() in XenForo/Session.php at line 318
    [*]XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() in XenForo/Session.php at line 257
    [*]XenForo_Session::startPublicSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 291
    [*]XenForo_Controller->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
    [*]XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago
    Stack Trace

#0 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT ses...', Array)
    #3 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(719): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne('\n\t\t\t\tSELECT ses...', Array)
    #4 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(429): XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource('7494d9c9e471ea6...')
    #5 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(413): XenForo_Session->_setup('7494d9c9e471ea6...', '\x99\xA2\xB0\xB2')
    #6 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(318): XenForo_Session->start()
    #7 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(257): XenForo_Session::getPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #8 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(291): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #9 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(304): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('AddThread')
    #10 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(346): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('AddThread', 'XenForo_Control...')
    #11 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #12 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(90) "http://www.pixelatedphotographer.com/forums/index.php?forums/website-updates.11/add-thread"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["forums/website-updates_11/add-thread"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(13) {
        ["title"] => string(24) "Plugins disabled on site"
        ["message_html"] => string(841) "<p>Hi all, <br></p><p>As a few people have mentioned there have been issues with the website of late - not loading pages and database errors has been a problem in some cases.</p><p><br></p><p>To investigate the error I'm pulling all the plugins on the site off so that I can look for bugs. <b>These include the chat boxes</b> and a few things dotted around the website. <b><br></b></p><p><b>Tapatalk and forumrunner will also be offline during this period.</b></p><p><br></p><p>I think that I want to test everything without plugins until the weekend, so please be patient while we resolve the error. I'd prefer a little inconvenience than watching our database explode.</p><p><br></p><p><b>If there are any database engineers on the site please PM me - I could do with help on this one!</b></p><p><br></p><p>Cheers, <br>Chris</p><p><br></p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(93) "http://www.pixelatedphotographer.com/forums/index.php?forums/website-updates.11/create-thread"
        ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "e64f2a465ecd446265b90a79373298ff"
        ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
        ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_set"] => array(2) {
          ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
          ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
        }
        ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
        ["poll"] => array(2) {
          ["question"] => string(0) ""
          ["responses"] => array(2) {
            [0] => string(0) ""
            [1] => string(0) ""
          }
        }
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(57) "/forums/index.php?forums/website-updates.11/create-thread"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

Looking at the database via phpmyadmin I found the following:
    Code:
    Slow_queries    2,559    The number of queries that have taken more than long_query_time seconds.

also:

Innodb_buffer_pool_reads    3,023 k    The number of logical reads that InnoDB could not satisfy from buffer pool and had to do a single-page read. 

I know this is probably a database error or maybe MYSQL settings, but any ideas would be really helpful.

It looks like the tables are pretty damaged and I hope they are repairable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried restarting MySQL?

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

4. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Cheers Brogan. Yeah it was the first thing that I did. I have also just restarted the Linode as well just to make sure.
    Right now it's stable but I saw the same thing happen this morning before it went nuts.

I also noticed a high use of i/o on the server too - and this also looked like it was coming my mysql. so something there.

cheers @Mike just got the message as I was writing. I'll have a look at table_definition_cache and let's see how it goes!