Premium by Waindigo [Deleted]

Always a good idea to question a moderator.

I'm questioning for clarification. Brogan said questions related to pricing are valid in here so I think I'm following his rules but some of the questions by their nature overlap with "business practices" which isn't allowed. If he feels like this is off-topic I'm sure he'll tell me and like Mike says, the newer topic on this is maybe a better place for the discussion.

Dear Jon W,

we've 49651 members at our site and want to use 2 add-ons of yours. According to your very confusing license cost calculation page this means 100 credits, correct?

If we purchase the Bronze subscription (annually) we would need to pay 180 GBP per year and get 500 credits. Can we use the additional credits to cover the costs for the years 2-5 or are the credits revoked, if not used in the same year?

Or would we need to purchase the Silver subscription (monthly) at 60 GBP per month (720 GBP per year) which would give us exactly 100 credits only.

If it is the last option, we simply cannot afford it.

Or maybe I do not understand your license calcultion at all.

Thanks for clarification!

I'm actually in bed with flu today, so I'll respond by PM on Monday.

Please remember that you can get a commercial license in return for a donation of any amount. We are only talking about branding free and premium features here.

I should also mention that contributing to an add-on gets you a commercial license, branding free and premium for life for that add-on.

so I'll respond by PM on Monday.

Id like to see the reply publicly to be honest, ive got some boards with hundreds of thousands of members looking to transfer to XenForo in the coming weeks/months looking at your addons.

Some rough calculations suggest it will be cheaper to have these addons custom made with the exact same feature sets... which just seems like a waste of everyones time.

Id like to see the reply publicly to be honest, ive got some boards with hundreds of thousands of members looking to transfer to XenForo in the coming weeks/months looking at your addons.
Be very careful with that and make sure to test performance of the desired addons before going live with it. Various of Jons addons are not suited for big boards. This is not clear from the resource itself unless you read the full threads.

Be very careful with that and make sure to test performance of the desired addons before going live with it. Various of Jons addons are not suited for big boards. This is not clear from the resource itself unless you read the full threads.

I have been doing imports for quite a while ;)

Dear Jon W,

we've 49651 members at our site and want to use 2 add-ons of yours. According to your very confusing license cost calculation page this means 100 credits, correct?

If we purchase the Bronze subscription (annually) we would need to pay 180 GBP per year and get 500 credits. Can we use the additional credits to cover the costs for the years 2-5 or are the credits revoked, if not used in the same year?

Or would we need to purchase the Silver subscription (monthly) at 60 GBP per month (720 GBP per year) which would give us exactly 100 credits only.

If it is the last option, we simply cannot afford it.

Or maybe I do not understand your license calcultion at all.

Thanks for clarification!
I've now changed some of the subscription packages to make them a bit simpler. There are now only 2 packages that checks number of members and I'll be updating this add-on tomorrow to send the number of active members, rather than all members.

As you only use 2 add-ons, you would now qualify for our new Indigo Subscription 3 (10 add-ons) package at £120 per year. Alternatively, if you are willing to share your active member count (i.e., members active in the last 1 year) with us, you might qualify for our Indigo Subscription 2 (5 add-ons) package at £50 per year if less than 10,000 of your members are active.

Reactions: HWS
I don't have a stake in this as I don't use any of your add-ons but now that you are using active members as a metric, as that isn't actually exposed anywhere, it makes it difficult for site owners to know what the count actually is.
I presume you are querying the DB to get the count?
It may be worth adding it to the ACP in the Member Statistics block, as part of your add-on.

Just a thought.

Jon W updated Premium by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

New features:
  • As per recent policy changes, the add-on now sends the number of active members to Waindigo servers if the "Allow member count to be sent to Waindigo servers" option is enabled, instead of sending the full member count. Active members are those who have valid accounts, have been active within 12 months and are not banned or discouraged.
  • The number of active members, as per the above, is now also displayed on the Admin Control Panel homepage under Member...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Forgive me if this is outlined elsewhere, but I'm not clear on what a premium subscription gets you outside of branding free... Is that it, or is there more to this that I'm overlooking?

Forgive me if this is outlined elsewhere, but I'm not clear on what a premium subscription gets you outside of branding free... Is that it, or is there more to this that I'm overlooking?
It really depends which add-ons you are using. Some add-ons also have premium features. It also gives you a commercial license, but you can also get that by making a donation of any amount instead. The gold membership also includes dedicated support by private message and priority add-on development.

It really depends which add-ons you are using. Some add-ons also have premium features. It also gives you a commercial license, but you can also get that by making a donation of any amount instead. The gold membership also includes dedicated support by private message and priority add-on development.
What plugins have premium features?

So, only five star reviews are allowed on this resource? My 1-star review was removed and I would like to know why.

Top Bottom