Not planned Prefix Widget

Lee

I am playing with the page node feature on a new installation, creating what I want to operate as an article manager.

I have a page node which displays the 20 most recent articles using the new threads widget in expanded view. (CSS to organise the content in to a grid).

I have created a load of prefixes which people must choose from when submitting an article.

It would be nice if I could create a sidebar widget which displays those prefixes as a menu list and then filters the results in the new threads widget to display only the selected prefix.

Might not even be possible with the current system come to think about it, but would make the page nodes feature so powerful.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am playing with the page node feature on a new installation, creating what I want to operate as an article manager.

I have a page node which displays the 20 most recent articles using the new threads widget in expanded view. (CSS to organise the content in to a grid).

I have created a load of prefixes which people must choose from when submitting an article.

It would be nice if I could create a sidebar widget which displays those prefixes as a menu list and then filters the results in the new threads widget to display only the selected prefix.

Might not even be possible with the current system come to think about it, but would make the page nodes feature so powerful.

On reflection, you would need to make the Prefix widget accessible by the new threads widget, so i'm not really sure how feasible this is.

While a reasonable idea, this isn't really what widgets try to do. They don't really support "cross talk" and generally they don't involve themselves with input parameters to the page (as they may not mean the same things).

Yeah I gathered as much, would be a nice feature for page nodes in the future though, I can think of endless possibilities if this somehow came to light.

Top Bottom