XF 1.3 Prefix Searches Returning Incorrect Results

Joe Link

On my forum we have a classified section where members select their state as a prefix.

For some reason, in this specific section, when members search for the Idaho prefixes it returns results from Oregon. It also happens with a single Oregon ad in a couple other sections.

To reproduce:

1. Go here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forums/part-accessory-classifieds.21/
2. Click "Idaho" where it says "Quick Search: Oregon|Washington|Idaho".

You can also go to the standard advanced search, click the Search Threads & Posts, select the Part & Accessory Classifieds section, and click the first four ID: prefixes.

It seems all of the incorrect results are from April 11th or before, when I uninstalled the Multi-Prefix Add-On. Is it possible I need to rebuild a cache? If so, which one(s)?

Unfortunately, support was spotty, which is why I had to uninstall it. Do you think that plugin may have modified something to cause this? I was hoping to get away with just a cache rebuild :(

You can attempt to rebuild the search index for posts and threads. If the add on isn't installed it shouldn't be effecting your search results at all.

[Edit]
Is your prefix_id column in the xf_thread table an int(10)? If not try altering the table.

In addition, could you run this query in phpmyadmin and send me the result:
Code:
SELECT *  FROM `xf_search_index` WHERE `content_type` LIKE 'thread' AND `content_id` = 167966

Last edited:
Top Bottom