1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Prefix Searches Returning Incorrect Results

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Joe Link, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

On my forum we have a classified section where members select their state as a prefix.

For some reason, in this specific section, when members search for the Idaho prefixes it returns results from Oregon. It also happens with a single Oregon ad in a couple other sections.

To reproduce:

1. Go here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forums/part-accessory-classifieds.21/
    2. Click "Idaho" where it says "Quick Search: Oregon|Washington|Idaho".

You can also go to the standard advanced search, click the Search Threads & Posts, select the Part & Accessory Classifieds section, and click the first four ID: prefixes.

2. Joe Link

It seems all of the incorrect results are from April 11th or before, when I uninstalled the Multi-Prefix Add-On. Is it possible I need to rebuild a cache? If so, which one(s)?

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to contact the developer of the add-on for support.

4. Joe Link

Unfortunately, support was spotty, which is why I had to uninstall it. Do you think that plugin may have modified something to cause this? I was hoping to get away with just a cache rebuild :(

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's possible but I'm not familiar with the add-on so couldn't say.

6. Joe Link

7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

You can attempt to rebuild the search index for posts and threads. If the add on isn't installed it shouldn't be effecting your search results at all.

[Edit]
    Is your prefix_id column in the xf_thread table an int(10)? If not try altering the table.

In addition, could you run this query in phpmyadmin and send me the result:
    Code:
    SELECT *  FROM `xf_search_index` WHERE `content_type` LIKE 'thread' AND `content_id` = 167966

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. Joe Link

Thanks Daniel, I'll try those things this evening and report back.