XF 1.3 Prefix of latest thread to show with last poster info

Razasharp

Anyone know if it's possible to show the prefix of a thread (if it has one) with the last poster info on the forum listings pages?

I guess it's the node_forum_level templates, I tried this ```{$forum.lastPost.threadPrefix}``` but it doesn't work - do I need to initialize the variable anywhere? Or is there some other way to get the thread info?

I don't believe it's actually available as it's not stored. I think this may be the first mention of it since the feature was implemented.

I don't believe it's actually available as it's not stored. I think this may be the first mention of it since the feature was implemented.

I think having it adds some interest to the forum homepage making it look more dynamic (something vB has by its 'whos viewing'). Personally I wouldn't want it at the start of the thread title tho, but at the end, saying "in Prefix_name".

Is there anyway I can do this via a plugin? What I'd need is the last post's:

- prefix (name)
- prefix (id)
- forum (id)

I really need to learn the XF framework, I am just a little put off by there not being any official documentation on how to get into it (I prefer to learn things in line with official best practices). Is there any chance you can do a few how to guides to create a simple plug-in please Mike? At least you will know that people are more likely to do it your preferred way then.

Top Bottom