1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pre sales Q about Xenforo Rating widgets

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by jbf, Dec 5, 2014.

1. jbf

jbf New Member

Hello I am looking at purchasing XF and amount other things utilise the ratings/reviews etc widgets in XF. I just wanted to check if XF has a built in function that will allow SEO around this. Specifically allowing for star ratings to appear on a search engine like google search?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only star ratings built in to XenForo are related to resources and those do show on Google search results.

3. jbf

jbf New Member

Sweet thanks for that, no doubt I will have to spend a little more time looking into this or paying someone to do what I clearly can not... Just another thought, doesn't the media tab also have a star widget ranking option? Would this also potentially be used in search engines.

Having done a bit of research this seems way over my head but Google seem to have an approach to showing star widget rankings in the search engine page. They have a list of companies which they extract this information from to determine validity. Here is the page I was looking at if it is of interest https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en-AU but I think this is where people who have spent more time learning this may make their money on me.

Cheers

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There are also star ratings for media in XenForo Media Gallery and these also show in search results. :)

Brogan likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and that :D

Forgot it was now an official add-on.

6. jbf

jbf New Member

In my research I am trying to find more detail about the features of the Resource Manager and how this compares with some of the add-ons like Xen Product Manager. Doesn't the Resource Manager do all the function of such add-ons as the Xen Product Manager for example...

I am just trying to ascertain if the functionality of XenForo is sufficient or will I have to go on and purchase a bunch of community based add-ons to get what I am after.

Thanks in advance.

7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Resource Manager is for sharing, Xen Product Manager is for selling products.