Pre sale questions

matrixsc

Good Afternoon

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the long weekend .

I'm looking at switching to Xenforo from IP.Board 3.4.6

I have number of questions and possible issue I'm hoping to get sorted before I purchase a license

1, Is it easy enough to convert from IP.Board 3.4.6 to Xenforo V2 and what about IP.boards mods/ Addons we run on the site would that effect the import ? .

2, Would an import bring over al members details / passwords emails addresses etc as well as permission and posts?

3, We require a few mods/ Add ons on Xenforo mostly : -

-1, Shoutbox on the forum for members (Currently run IPB Shoutbox v1.4.1)
Also when a selected forum has been selected it can show in the shoutbox a new topic has been created is this possible too ?

-2, Ability to send mass pm's to all members (Currently run DP34) Mass PM v1.1.0 )

-3, Using tags [hide] [/hide] Using BbCode we are able to hide certain posts until a member replies or likes it . Is there an add on like this on Xenforo ?

4, Does Xenforo have a built in subscription panel of some kind . So this allows members to buy a yearly subscription on the site and will remove them of that subscriptions once the year is up or until they re-subscribe . If not is there an add on for this ?

I'm sure there's a couple other questions but can't think at the moment what they are .

Thank you for your time and sorry about the long post.
Scott.

1, Is it easy enough to convert from IP.Board 3.4.6 to Xenforo V2 and what about IP.boards mods/ Addons we run on the site would that effect the import ? .
You'll have to either upgrade to IPB 4 or import to xenForo 1.5 and then upgrade from xenForo 1.5 to xenForo 2.2.
2, Would an import bring over al members details / passwords emails addresses etc as well as permission and posts?
Yes! I would test permissions to make sure they're all correct though.
3, We require a few mods/ Add ons on Xenforo mostly : -
1. Yes - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/chat-2-by-siropu.5762/ (there's also a cheaper shoutbox addon)
2. It is possible.
3. Yes - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-hide-links-and-codes.7070/
4, Does Xenforo have a built in subscription panel of some kind . So this allows members to buy a yearly subscription on the site and will remove them of that subscriptions once the year is up or until they re-subscribe . If not is there an add on for this ?
Yes, it's built in.

You'll have to either upgrade to IPB 4 or import to xenForo 1.5 and then upgrade from xenForo 1.5 to xenForo 2.2.

Yes! I would test permissions to make sure they're all correct though.

1. Yes - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/chat-2-by-siropu.5762/ (there's also a cheaper shoutbox addon)
2. It is possible.
3. Yes - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-hide-links-and-codes.7070/

Yes, it's built in.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me .

That's helped a lot , However the Hide content i require one to hide the content until a member relies to that post/thread or likes it ?

Is there anything like that had a look but couldn't see ?

What other shoultbox alternative would you recommend then please that can be placed at the top of the indx page and had a thread bot within them .

Big help that Xenforo has a paypal subscription built in !

Thank you
Scott

So if the content in this thread was not visible, you would expect people to reply or react purely to the title “Pre sales questions”

???
For the site we run ( over 10 years now) it works perfectly fine on hence if i swap to Xenforo I'm asking if there is something like this .

It has nothing to do with the post in this site or topic it was a question for how our site is worked and needed to work for links etc .

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me .

That's helped a lot , However the Hide content i require one to hide the content until a member relies to that post/thread or likes it ?

Is there anything like that had a look but couldn't see ?

What other shoultbox alternative would you recommend then please that can be placed at the top of the indx page and had a thread bot within them .

Big help that Xenforo has a paypal subscription built in !

Thank you
Scott
XenForo does not have this function by default, but there are Addons you can get from other developers that provide the same function. (There are a few options, this is one of them.)

Top Bottom