• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pre-Sale questions

Hello Xenforo users,

Im planning to buy xenforo for my network but want to know when you get acces to the recources on this website
because someone that i know said i must pay $30.00 more if i want acces to it.

and also what do you get if i only buy the xenforo license and what can i do then?

Thanks in advance,
-RFlintstone

whynot

Im planning to buy xenforo for my network but want to know when you get acces to the recources on this website
because someone that i know said i must pay $30.00 more if i want acces to it.
You will get access to it as soon as you have a XenForo license.
There is no extra fee to download from there.
(For some of them you have to pay, the fee for them is displayed)

Martok

So after 12 months i must renew it to get the latest updates?
Yes, for $40 (plus any extension renewal costs for any other of the add-ons listed). You don't have to renew after 12 months, you will have a permanent license for the latest version that you downloaded prior to support/upgrades running out. If you want those to continue though then you will have to pay the renewal which IMO too is well worth it.

Yes, for $40 (plus any extension renewal costs for any other of the add-ons listed). You don't have to renew after 12 months, you will have a permanent license for the latest version that you downloaded prior to support/upgrades running out. If you want those to continue though then you will have to pay the renewal which IMO too is well worth it.
So only $40,00 for the updates or more if you want an extra addon and the license is an one time payment, correct?

Mark T

No. Click on the link above for all sales prices of everything.

$40 per year after 12 months for xf support and updates.

Edit, unless I misunderstood the question...

Martok

What @Mark T said.

The $40 extension (higher if you have bought additional add-ons from that page, see extension renewal pricing for those) for support and updates is for a 12 month period. After that has run out, you'd need to pay $40 again for another 12 months and so on. It's only the $140 initial cost that is one-off (plus any initial one-off costs for other add-ons).

What @Mark T said.

The $40 extension (higher if you have bought additional add-ons from that page, see extension renewal pricing for those) for support and updates is for a 12 month period. After that has run out, you'd need to pay $40 again for another 12 months and so on. It's only the $140 initial cost that is one-off (plus any initial one-off costs for other add-ons).
so i only need to pay $140,00 because i have some amazing friends that can help me set it up and not realy need a recource manager and search function.

Martok

Only you can determine whether or not you need any of the add-ons (depending on the needs of your site). Many sites do just start with the XenForo software and, if required, buy any add-ons at a later date.

So you only need to pay $140 now if no add-ons are needed and then $40 in a year's time if you wish to continue to get support and upgrades for an additional 12 months.

Only you can determine whether or not you need any of the add-ons (depending on the needs of your site). Many sites do just start with the XenForo software and, if required, buy any add-ons at a later date.

So you only need to pay $140 now if no add-ons are needed and then $40 in a year's time if you wish to continue to get support and upgrades for an additional 12 months.
I used the exchange rates tot calculate the price and $140 is €131 is this the amount what i have to Pay if not can someone calculate/say the answer?

Martok

I used the exchange rates tot calculate the price and $140 is €131 is this the amount what i have to Pay if not can someone calculate/say the answer?
You pay the price in dollars (plus VAT for EU customers and charged at your local rate). Any conversion to Euros will be done by PayPal/your credit card at their rates.