Pre-Purchase Questions

Hello XF Admin,

I am looking for a forum application to use and you were highly recommended.

However, I have some questions.

1. The site I am looking at building will have a forum as an added feature. Thus, the main structure of the homepage will contain link to other area of the site. Will XF do this? XF is described to be a CMS, so will this work?

2. I have tried to test XF using the demo link but it does not give me much. I was looking at testing the full features before buying since it is an expensive one.

3. How long is the $140 license for? 1 year or lifetime?? This information is not clear in any of your descriptions.

4. Does it accept Interswitch payment gateway? This is a Nigerian payment system.

Thanks!

Mr Lucky

Will XF do this? XF is described to be a CMS, so will this work?
Not sure where it is described as a CMS, if so it is more limited than what people generally think of as a CMS.

You can create pages outside of the xenForo forum but they need coding with html - no quick editor or inbuilt Navigation for them.

There are addons that will make this more CMS like, e.g. an artice addon such as https://xenaddons.com/store-products/article-management-system/

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
1. Yes, XF will work in conjunction with other software in that manner.

2. The demo is fully featured. What do you believe is missing?

3. It is a lifetime license for a one off payment of $140. Support and updates are included for the first 12 months. Thereafter it is $40 to renew for a further12 months.

4. Interesting is not supported out of the box. It would require custom development.

By CMS I mean Content Managanement System.

Brogan, thanks for your response. Just to clarify,
1. So Xenforo can work with wordpress?

2. I guess I was expecting to have a backend access. Can I do that? Isn't that where all the configurations are done?

3. Okay. $140 you mean?

4. What would this custom development involve? Can your developers do it for me?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So Xenforo can work with wordpress?
Yes, many people use XF and WP together.

I guess I was expecting to have a backend access. Can I do that? Isn't that where all the configurations are done?
Click on the Admin link at the top right to log in to the ACP.

Okay. $140 you mean?
Yes, $140, I edited my post to correct the typo.

What would this custom development involve? Can your developers do it for me?
You would have to contract a third party - we don't provide custom development services.