PR and referenced URLs after conversion

majdi

I have converted my board from woltlab to IPB a month ago and since my traffic have dramatically dropped due to an important decrease in search engine traffic.
My urls doesn't look right, google webmasters tool shows too many errors, etc..
If i convert to xf will i face these same issues, since my last change that is my #1 concern :(

You should not really have lost any traffic then if your old URL are all 301... You would see a drop in SERPs as your site gets re-indexed but if you have a 301 script in place to redirect old URL formats to new should be ok... Kier and Mike have already stated that they will be creating scripts like this for most major formats -> xenForo also

I'm interested in if anyone has converted their live vB forum to xF and what happened to their traffic after Google re-indexed. I know that any change drops you for a short period of time... How long did it take to come back up and did it reach the levels you had with vB or go higher or lower?

Have been holding off on migrating to vB4 for a year now and I don't want to put my community through a transition twice. If I can find a way to keep my current traffic and ad revenue with xF, I'll convert live (after gold, of course).

thansk

Decreased search engine traffic seems to be IPB's number 1 complain from a lot of former vB users. In their official forum, most people claimed that it will need some time to climb back up, probably a couple months.

Decreased search engine traffic seems to be IPB's number 1 complain from a lot of former vB users. In their official forum, most people claimed that it will need some time to climb back up, probably a couple months.
i converted to ipb last June and search engine traffic is still far below the normal!
i would love to know how xF performed because if it handles the conversion well enough, I might buy it and get rid of ipb.

Top Bottom