XF 2.0 Potential problem with permissions

jr777

I'm trying to get it to where guests can see my home page, but not see any other parts of my site. For some reason, I can't get the permissions to take hold.

What I'm doing is setting all the guest permissions to no in the user group permissions. Nothing is set to never.

I'm then going into the node permissions for my home page, and setting the view permission to yes for that group. But it's not working...

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug?

What I'm doing is setting all the guest permissions to no in the user group permissions. Nothing is set to never.
Including the "View" permission?

The global "View" permission is different to the node "View node" permission.

The global "View" permission is literally the base permission for accessing the software. If you don't have it, you essentially can't access anything, regardless of whatever you set other permissions to.

The "View" permission likely needs to be left as "Yes" and then set the "View node" permission to "No" under the user group permissions.

Then when you modify the node permission, setting the Home page node "View node" permission to "Yes" will override the global "No".

Including the "View" permission?

The global "View" permission is different to the node "View node" permission.

The global "View" permission is literally the base permission for accessing the software. If you don't have it, you essentially can't access anything, regardless of whatever you set other permissions to.

The "View" permission likely needs to be left as "Yes" and then set the "View node" permission to "No" under the user group permissions.

Then when you modify the node permission, setting the Home page node "View node" permission to "Yes" will override the global "No".

Okay I understand now. Thanks!

Top Bottom