XF 2.2 Posts Views - not updating correctly?

creativeforge

Hi, I wonder if there is a rebuild cache I need to do to update the posts views so they show correctly? They may show correctly, but it is just strange to see the numbers not move for up to 24 hours. Two members inquired about this over the past day. The forum is pretty active, so I was wondering if there is an index or cache rebuild I need to run, and if so - which one?

Otherwise, I would have to assume the static numbers are a true picture of reality...

Thanks for any help,

Andre

Hi, I wonder if there is a rebuild cache I need to do to update the posts views so they show correctly? They may show correctly, but it is just strange to see the numbers not move for up to 24 hours. Two members inquired about this over the past day. The forum is pretty active, so I was wondering if there is an index or cache rebuild I need to run, and if so - which one?

Otherwise, I would have to assume the static numbers are a true picture of reality...

Thanks for any help,

Andre
Are you using this add-on by any chance? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/redis-view-counters.5563/

I'm not, no. Should I? Would this address my issue? I looked it up but don't really understand if it would correct the present situation retroactively (display real views) or just from the moment I enable it.

Thanks!
I only asked because I use that add-on and similarly, I have been having issues with the views counter slowly being updated. I thought maybe it's to do with the add-on.

I only asked because I use that add-on and similarly, I have been having issues with the views counter slowly being updated. I thought maybe it's to do with the add-on.

I see, well this *could mean the issue is Xenforo-dependent, a setting we may need to tweak? A cache to rebuild?

I'll keep looking, hope to find out what is happening...

I see, well this *could mean the issue is Xenforo-dependent, a setting we may need to tweak? A cache to rebuild?

I'll keep looking, hope to find out what is happening...
UPDATE: there was an entry missing in jobs table, and re-enabling a task just created the missing jobs. Cron was run and now all numbers are updated.

Cheers,

Andre

Top Bottom