Posts per page

Enigma

Is there / will there be a "posts per page" setting? Or is a hard-coded posts-per-page number the solution to having canonical URLs for the different pages of a thread?

I as because I prefer having about 100 posts per page, letting it load and reading it all without have to click any more.

I'm very much in favour of a per-user setting. After less than a couple of hours, I've already had complaints that the number of posts can't be increased to 30 or 40. In 6 years of running my forum, I've only seen people refer to a specific page a handful of times. Far more often, they dump a direct link into the post.

Some people like smaller pages as they're on mobiles; others want longer ones so there are fewer page turns. I'd prefer to be able to accommodate both.

I fall into the group of page size being the most as possible and its always something i set straight away when joining a forum.

In fact when i read a lot of vb forums, i go to print view and use the paging in there to read it all in 1 go.

To get links to work the workaround is to create an "anchor" link on each post which people can copy/paste. The link then should be able to find the correct page and jump to the correct post.

I wonder too why this haven't been implemented...

I always use 100 posts per page on vBulletin sites if the admin has made that possible.

I would like to offer my users the possibility to set this themselves.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/threads-posts-and-conversations-per-page-in-preferences.2112/
Description: Allow users customize how much display threads, posts and conversations per page.

Is there / will there be a "posts per page" setting? Or is a hard-coded posts-per-page number the solution to having canonical URLs for the different pages of a thread?
I as because I prefer having about 100 posts per page, letting it load and reading it all without have to click any more.

Does this addon work for this need ??

Top Bottom