• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Posting Slowness

Hi folks...

About 2 hours ago something happened to my server. When you post of reply to messages it takes forever to post, and sometimes the post or reply posts 2 or 3 times.

My site is on its own server by itself. No shared hosting...

PHP is PHP 5.6 (using php-fpm)
Web server is Nginx.

No changes have been made to the server.

Loading things is fine but posting takes forever.

if I go in via ssh and type php -v it takes about 20 seconds to process it.

Nothing strange in the logs.

Any ideas what to look for?

I forgot I have a vbulletin site on that server as well and that one is running and posting fine, so starting to look like an Xenforo issue of some kind. :(

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It looks like a general server issue.

Even trying to load rgba.php took an age and that doesn't touch the database.

Repeated tests show it to be very sporadic and random - sometimes loading immediately, sometimes 10 or more seconds.

You may want to contact your host and ask them to investigate what happened 2 hours ago when the problem started.

There is no host, I am the host. Logs show nothing.

I did turn off all addons in the config.php and things worked fine... so I am guessing its an addon. But which one is the question and I haven't updated or added things in a few days.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If disabling all add-ons resolves it then enabling them one at a time until the problem occurs again will identify which one it is.

WSWD

Your site is very fast for me. Did you change anything?

Was it actually a load ot I/O issue, or perhaps Sucuri just acting up?

I turned all the add ons off, and am working on turning them on one by one.

Did not seem to be an IO issue, as I was moving a 50 gig file around without issues. (First thought was one drive was going bad.)

Server load is at 0.23

Could be Sururi, it wouldn't the first time nor the last.

I thought maybe it was my CDN since the vbulletin site on the same server was working fine... so I turned off the CDN in Xenforo and it didn't help. Turned CDN back on but cleared the cash on the CDN. (I use MaxCDN.)

WSWD

So weird.

My first guess would have been I/O, but it sure doesn't sound like it. 2nd would have been the connection itself, and potentially packet loss, but I missed where you processing PHP locally, which would bypass all of that entirely.

Well turned them all off.. then turned them back on one by one...

Did a number of posts in different test threads before turning the next one on. and turned them all on and no sign of the issue now.

I am stumped but happy its working. :D