1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Posting after

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cees50, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Is it possible to set xf so, that users only can post in a specific forum when they posted x times ?

2. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

3. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

I know that one, but then the users have to buy the upgrade. Thats not what i'm searching for. It just after x posts they can post in node y.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

That was easy. exactly what i was searching for. Why i didnt find that easy solution ? Dont know. Thanks @Brogan

6. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Just one question. If i set some promotions, are these valid only for new members, or is this for everybody when the cronjob runs. (i hope the last)

7. Brogan

Everyone.

8. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Just another question. If i set the promotion, is the history from the users (a lot have more then x posts) counting for the promotion, or do they have to qualify again? And if a member has a promotion, is this gonna disapear when he dont make each day x posts? Thats not clear to me

9. Brogan

Existing content is counted, so anyone with more than x posts already will be promoted.

There is no criteria for x posts per day in the core software, that would need an add-on.

10. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Thanks Brogan

11. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Did all. What i dont understand...

I made the promotion about 3 oclock. I thought that the cronjob runs every hour. I have 9200 members and expected the most of them should be promoted. But just a few are promoted. SO i went to the cron entries, and did manuely run the cron job. Just one user is promoted , and 9145 users not.

I made the promotion as follows:

in the tab: Promotion Options

promo1.jpg

and then in the tab Apply This Promotion While...

promo 2.jpg

That's all. I thought that every user that has 20 posts or more (from the history untill now) should been promoted this way. Or am i doing something wrong.

12. Brogan

They will be promoted the next time they log in.
    Promotions are now done at session creation.

13. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Ok, now thats clear. Thanks again.