Posters Can't Post in IE

Well, I'm running Windows XP and using IE8 right now to post this very reply. I see your showing ADS above and below editor. Might be a good idea to remove them and see if problem still happens with them gone first.

I might have to go back to vBulletin. What's up with this?
That's a bit melodramatic, isn't it?

As I understand it you have a lot of add-ons installed.

The usual trouble-shooting rules apply; disable all add-ons and re-enable them one at a time until you identify the culprit.
There is nothing in the core software which prevents those using IE8 from posting, so it's either an add-on or some other modification you have made.

Well, I'm running Windows XP and using IE8 right now to post this very reply. I see your showing ADS above and below editor. Might be a good idea to remove them and see if problem still happens with them gone first.
Okay I deleted the ads in the first post. Those only show for guests though.

That's a bit melodramatic, isn't it?

As I understand it you have a lot of add-ons installed.

The usual trouble-shooting rules apply; disable all add-ons and re-enable them one at a time until you identify the culprit.
There is nothing in the core software which prevents those using IE8 from posting, so it's either an add-on or some other modification you have made.
Yeah you're right I'm just pissed off cause this IE issue is coming right after another issue someone complained about yesterday that still hasn't been solved. I've tried troubleshooting the phone issue myself and I still couldn't post from my phone on the default skin and with all addons disabled. This IE issue is different though since I don't have IE on my phone. I'll disable all mods.

IE8, can be funny with javascript at times. For instance I've spotted when using different YouYube codes, that out of all the browsers that won't show "Full Screen" mode, only IE8 does it with some types of javascript YouTube code tested. Also tends to show javascript error botton-left of browser, while other browsers like Chrome and FF don't. I wouldn't be suprised if it's the Google Ads below and top causing your issue seeing as it uses javascript and IE8 can be a pain at times with it.

I would first back-up your template ads code and removed them from editor top and bottom (you can put it back in 2 seconds). If problem still there, then move on to mods installed that might be causing it.

IE8, can be funny with javascript at times. For instance I've spotted when using different YouYube codes, that out of all the browsers that won't show "Full Screen" mode, only IE8 does it with some types of javascript YouTube code tested. Also tends to show javascript error botton-left of browser, while other browsers like Chrome and FF don't. I wouldn't be suprised if it's the Google Ads below and top causing your issue seeing as it uses javascript and IE8 can be a pain at times with it.

I would first back-up your template ads code and removed them from editor top and bottom. If problem still there, then move on to mods installed that might be causing it.
lol. I hate IE. lol. The poster is able to post in IE 8 now. It was an add-on. I have to pin-point the addon out of the 86 installed.

IE sucks full stop, I only ever use it for testing cross browser compatibility when coding things like CSS. You can usually always guarantee what looks fine in FF, Chrome, Safari and others. Just doesn't play nice in IE.

MS should "set fire" to IE and remove it completely from Windows.

IE sucks full stop, I only ever use it for testing cross browser compatibility when coding things like CSS. You can usually always guarantee what looks fine in FF, Chrome, Safari and others. Just doesn't play nice in IE.

MS should "set fire" to IE and remove it completely from Windows.
So basically mod developers should fully test their mods out on IE first huh?

Top Bottom