Lack of interest Posted by Member - drop down should show all members

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

AndyB

Currently when we use the Search in the navbar:

pic001.webp

the Posted by Member drop down is limited to members that have been active within the past 6 months. I think this can be confusing as members that you know exist but do not show.

I can edit the following file Model/User.php file:

PHP:
if ($conditions['active_recently'] === true)
{
    // general definition of recently active: 6 months
    $conditions['active_recently'] = 30 * 6 * 86400;
}

by increasing the number, but it would be great if this was an Option setting.

Thank you.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've just been using the member search and come across this problem. Would be great if it was set at 12 months. I use it to assist when chasing subs

Jx

Posted by Member drop down is limited to members that have been active within the past 6 months
@AndyB, does something like that also have to be done for the search on the Members page? So two places to fix with each upgrade?
And what does it do if there are 14 hits? Have a more button or number of pages? (Does it automatically handle that?).

The problem is worse on the Members page, as a name that is a subset of recently active name is very hard to enter without resorting to tricks, which you need to know that you need to use.

it would be great if this was an Option setting
Right, because then presumably it would apply across the site.

I wonder what our admin, @danielmo thinks of this.

does something like that also have to be done for the search on the Members page? So two places to fix with each upgrade?

It only has to be done once here:

Code:
XenForo/Model/Users.php

Remove activity recent for username dropdowns:

Line 813

Original
$conditions['active_recently'] = 30 * 6 * 86400;

Hack
$conditions['active_recently'] = 30 * 360 * 86400;

And what does it do if there are 14 hits?

The number of rows shown in the dropdown is not changed with this hack.

increasing the number, but it would be great if this was an Option setting.
I want to Like this part of AndyB's posting. That should be easy to do, and those of you who want to hide your not recently active members can still do that, but those of us who still want to find those people can do so without having to hack our system and re-hack it with every new release. Presumably, option settings are kept somewhere that new installs do not reset them.

Top Bottom