XF 2.2 Post Thread button on forums with insufficient privs

Hello,

I am looking for a way for the "Post Thread" button to appear on Forums that don't allow new messages - When clicked I would like it to show the subforums that the users do have permission to post in, that are connected to that specific forum. How, would this be possible?

Thanks so much for any tips.

Last edited:
You could make the top forum a search forum, and make the criteria of the search forum the sub-forums, and it would have the Post thread button in it like this:
Thanks for the suggestion.
I do get a Post Thread button with the pop up im looking for.... However, I would need it to be just what appears in " https://shop.game-invaders.com//forums/-/post-thread?forum_id=106 " . Right now with the Search Forum im getting ALL forums / sub forums, even when I have excluded everything except the "Apex Legends" (in my example) forums / Sub forums

Why don't you use prefixes so you don't need sub-forums? Then you get the categorization and the button all in the top forum. They click to create, and select a "required" prefix. Done.

PS. I use this add-on by @SyTry:

Why don't you use prefixes so you don't need sub-forums? Then you get the categorization and the button all in the top forum. They click to create, and select a "required" prefix. Done.

PS. I use this add-on by @SyTry:
Thats a great idea, was going to be my backup solution if it couldnt figure this out. Ive seen some other xenforo sites do what I have in mind ideally... but absolutely no idea how they set it up xD

If I'm understanding right, this might do what you want:

It will allow you to show a "Post thread" button on nodes that users can't post in, and when clicked an overlay will popup with the available subnodes.

Top Bottom