• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Post Templates

Very similar to this ragtek. :)
I need also this mod...and happy to offer a little donation for this. ;-)

Similar?

What exactly do you need?

With this add-on every user (if he have the permissions;) ) will be able to create the templates and use them.

I'm sorry i intend similar on design...same features. ;-)
Ahh, ok:)

I wanted to add an Button to the editor menu bar, that there's AFAIK no way for this without template edits, so i had to find an other position.

Ahh, ok:)

I wanted to add an Button to the editor menu bar, that there's AFAIK no way for this without template edits, so i had to find an other position.
If you're allow multiple post templates why not have a dropdown floated to the left below the text area so that they can choose which template to use?

Because i don't wanted to load the data if they aren't necessary and to play a little bit with xenforos javascript stuff^^

Because i don't wanted to load the data if they aren't necessary and to play a little bit with xenforos javascript stuff^^
Load what data? If you mean the form, you can use conditionals to not show it if they do not have any templates, or to show a button to create a template.

As for playing with the javascript... The way your video showed takes more work than selecting from a dropdown.

No, i mean my post templates.

On the normal pageload it doesn't load anything, it just adds the button if js is available. (that's important for me, because i don't want to load ANYTHING on the standard pageload)

Once the user clicks on it, he gets a list of his post templates.
Now he can click on the list items to insert the text into the editor (i'll install tomorrow a demo on ragtek.org so you'll see what i'm talking about^^)

Maybe it's a good idea to give admin an option to choose where does he need these templates. And they will be automatically inserted into textfield if the user wants to create a thread in that forum.

At the moment we only use post templates in threads and this is sufficient. The availability and visibility would need to be usergroup dependant, of course.
it is already implemented of course:P ;)

Ragtag,

A little off-topic, but with some similarities...
On our vb3.8 board we've been using a tool for many years to insert special characters into the message window. (see the attached screenshot). I would love to have this feature too in XF. How could I do this?

Attachments

• inschar.webp
    inschar.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Ragtag,

A little off-topic, but with some similarities...
On our vb3.8 board we've been using a tool for many years to insert special characters into the message window. (see the attached screenshot). I would love to have this feature too in XF. How could I do this?
this would be possible, but IMHO it would be better to insert this feature direct into the editor (because it's static content) and not dynamic as my user specific user post templates.

Yeah you're right about the static content. Hopefully I'll be able to attach it to the message window somehow. Shouldn't be too hard I guess.

Top Bottom